Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Buying A Property & Real Estate => Topic started by: Enişte on September 20, 2011, 10:35:25 AM

Title: HOW AND WHO TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY WITH
Post by: Enişte on September 20, 2011, 10:35:25 AM
Interested to hear from anyone that has listed a property for sale in Kalkan about how many agents or websites they advertised with and whether this caused any problems.  I've seen a neighbour's apartment advertised on a UK website at 25% over the asking price he has told me he wants and also another friend's villa advertised at 20% under the asking price.  I've also seen some photos I've taken for friends wanting to sell that have appeared on UK property websites without any apparent contact with the owner.  Makes you want to adjust the old lawyer joke - what do you call a hundred estate agents at the bottom of the sea? A start!
Title: Re: HOW AND WHO TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY WITH
Post by: Cosetta on September 22, 2011, 10:10:08 AM
Some people wanting / hoping to make a commission copy photos and info about properties for sale, then post this on their own sites.  Often the info is out-of-date.  Kalkan does not have such a thing as multiple listing contracts.  Who sells gets the commission.
Post by: GandT on October 31, 2011, 12:37:50 PM
We bought a property this year, and had originally been dealing with the people Bee was dealing with. Like many Turkish agents, they say they can sell you any property you're interested in. While this is often the case, it wasn't for the property we were interested in, and they almost lost us the sale by showing us the property when they had no right to (someone will always have a key to hand), as well as contacting the owner directly and trying to negotiate on our behalf. We also had experience of their website inaccuracies. One property was on for at least 6 months after it was sold (by another agent), for £30K under what was asked. I can say however that the agent we bought from, Bridget at Black Lion Property in Kalkan, was very straight and she had exclusive rights to sell the villa - this seems to be the way she works and it does make everything much more transparent. She is British, is married to a Turkish man and has lived and worked in Kalkan for many years. I would definitely recommend her.
Post by: Cameron Deggin on December 12, 2011, 10:40:31 PM
Hi, to whom it may concern, would it not be a much better way to compete if everyone focused on proper client care and service as opposed to throwing mud at one another?  I am Cameron Deggin from Place Overseas,and I can categorically advise you that the above is absolute non-sense!!  GandT and Bee, I take it you are estate agents in Kalkan, please focus on business, you will get far this way......
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal