Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: tillymint143 on September 20, 2011, 12:48:53 AM

Title: Bars in October
Post by: tillymint143 on September 20, 2011, 12:48:53 AM
Hi All...Which are the most popular bars and where are they? Are they likely to be quiet come next month? We like a bit of life but nothing too rowdy and we're not into Kareoke. I see the Moonlight is mentioned a lot and have found that one on the map. Are there any others you'd recommend for a mum and daughter, (both the wrong side of 50), looking for plenty of laughs and some good company?

Title: Re: Bars in October
Post by: Brooksie on September 20, 2011, 08:24:15 AM
The Parc is a good place to go. The staff are friendly there.
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 20, 2011, 09:13:18 AM
No Karaoke in Kalkan..the only singing you will hear will be me if i'm in the bog with no lock on the door!! ;D ;D
Try Yali bar,past Moonlight going into village on the left,popular place....
Post by: tillymint143 on September 20, 2011, 09:44:23 AM
No Karaoke in Kalkan..the only singing you will hear will be me if i'm in the bog with no lock on the door!! ;D ;D
Try Yali bar,past Moonlight going into village on the left,popular place....

no Kareoke...music to my ears!!! ....  cheers!    ;)
Post by: tillymint143 on September 20, 2011, 01:09:45 PM
The Parc is a good place to go. The staff are friendly there.

Where is that, Brooksie?

Post by: Enişte on September 20, 2011, 02:40:41 PM
Just 50m up the hill from the Kalamar Road roundabout, on the left, after the Turkcell shop and before the Kartin supermarket.  Every chance Brooksie and I may see you there!
Post by: Skunk on September 20, 2011, 02:50:38 PM
Just down the hill from the moonlight bar is a bright sign saying Flamingo Bar.  It's often quite quiet but they will play you any music you like and are very friendly.  Also drinks are competitively priced. Have fun! 8)
Post by: tillymint143 on September 25, 2011, 08:50:39 AM
thanks folks..... mines a white wine.... what you having??  ;D ;D ;D
Post by: meejulie on September 25, 2011, 09:13:36 AM
Hi all, while we are on the subject of bars and drinks, it's our first time in Turkey and I'm wondering what the local drink is and what it's like? Cheers!  ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 25, 2011, 09:20:01 AM
Efes is the local beer ...pilsner type lager (5%) ...i like it!....Raki is aniseed  which is mixed with a dash of water....same as greek  Ouzo ...Turkish wine? you will have to find your own way ..but Cankaya (white) and LaL (rose) are popular  ;)

if you drinking shorts(Gin, Vodka etc)..local is cheaper and not bad if you having a mixer...imported drinks(Gordons ,Smirnof etc) can hump your bar bill!! ;)
Post by: msr on September 25, 2011, 04:57:49 PM
I would recommend the Kleo, on the harbourfront, lovely staff, good for people watching, discreet background music, so you can hear yourself speak, superb view across the bay. To my mind nowhere else comes close.
Post by: tillymint143 on October 01, 2011, 08:35:15 PM
only 5 more sleeps.....  thanks for the tips everybody :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal