Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: Doctor slow on September 15, 2011, 06:31:37 PM

Title: Exchange rates
Post by: Doctor slow on September 15, 2011, 06:31:37 PM
Think I just put this on the wrong forum, so I'll try this one as well. Does anyone know whether the banks charge commission for changing cash to lira? Is it best to bring sterling or euros? also, we have about  700 of the "old new" lira which we need to change to the "new new" lira. I have heard that the Ziraat bank in Kalkan will do this does anyone know if thats correct? Many thanks for any help.
Title: Re: Exchange rates
Post by: Cuddles on September 15, 2011, 06:51:38 PM
I changed some sterling today at Yapi Kredi bank. There was no commission charged.
Post by: Skunk on September 16, 2011, 08:00:55 PM
Having tried several options for cashing money, ethis year we got a few Lira to keep us going and took out GPB for the rest. We got an excellent rate of exchange while we there but of course it was a bit of a risk!  Prices go up as well as down...............!  We have used ATMs but found exchange rates expensive when we returned to UK. I think GBP is better than euro at the moment.  I overheard a conversation that it is still possible to exchange new for old YTL so worth bringing them but not sure where.  Hope this gives an inkling.  8)
Post by: Doctor slow on September 16, 2011, 10:41:02 PM
thanks for your help, well take the old new lira and sterling. Everyone seems to agee that ATMs are not the way to go. Thanks again
Post by: Legionaire on September 19, 2011, 03:03:17 PM
If at all possible can someone let me know what the exchange rate is now (shops etc).
We fly out on Saturday and would like to maximise our spondoolicks! ;)
many thanks
Post by: oldh on September 19, 2011, 04:53:38 PM
Hi
The exchange rate today is varying from 2.7 to 2.75, depending on where you change your money.

oldh
Post by: Legionaire on September 20, 2011, 07:04:28 AM
Thats great many thanks
Post by: tillymint143 on September 20, 2011, 01:17:37 PM
Hi
The exchange rate today is varying from 2.7 to 2.75, depending on where you change your money.

oldh

that's the same as here.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal