Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: kele on August 16, 2011, 05:22:54 PM

Title: A night on the [roof] tiles
Post by: kele on August 16, 2011, 05:22:54 PM
Kalkan has many excellent rooftop restaurants, which has made us wonder if eating up on the roof under the stars is unique to our town? There must be 20 or 30 at least in old town.

Try as we might, we can’t recall any other Turkish towns were people commonly dine this way, or at least have so many rooftop eating-places.

Can anyone think of anywhere else were you can get a night on the tiles?
Title: Re: A night on the [roof] tiles
Post by: maryjane on August 16, 2011, 06:39:51 PM
I am sure my cats could give you the answer >:D >:D >:D >:D
Post by: tortoise lady on August 16, 2011, 08:35:52 PM
Have stayed a couple of times at the Seven Hills Hotel in Istanbul.   Fantastic views from roof top restaurant - overlooks the Blue Mosque and the Bosphorus etc.    And amazing gin and tonics - think the measurements must be very generous.   Have to come down the stairs very cautiously after even one.

There are other roof top restaurants in Istanbul but the views made this one well worth the visit.    Not as prolific as in Kalkan - longer colder winters with I understand sometimes snow.
Even in Kalkan I think all the roof top places are closed at the end of the season.    Then you can enjoy the comforts of an open fire in places which are open for the winter.
Post by: JenJen on August 16, 2011, 08:54:02 PM
I've eaten at similar rooftop restaurants across Turkey, Cyprus and the Greek Islands but never seen more than a handful in one place anywhere other than Kalkan  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal