Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: misty on August 08, 2011, 09:19:21 PM

Title: Week One Over
Post by: misty on August 08, 2011, 09:19:21 PM
Week one over.....not a single dog barking at night...town seems quite but thats cool....Pimms by the pool today....bliss....... :) :) :) 
Title: Re: Week One Over
Post by: Kalkan Magic on August 08, 2011, 09:27:10 PM
aah to have a pimms by the pool! Sounds blissful, looking forward to doing the same in Oct!
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 09, 2011, 07:48:56 AM
Glad your having a good time old bean!!.....
Post by: misty on August 09, 2011, 10:39:36 AM
Thank you young man its hot but I am managing to off set that with cold Efes........bit worried about whats happening at home.......  ??? ???
Post by: Potter on August 09, 2011, 05:51:43 PM
It's bad here at the moment. All London based footy games called off including England v Holland. I know that's not a main pint but it proves what power these people have over authority ;)
Post by: Kalkan regular on August 09, 2011, 10:35:56 PM
Can you imagine the publicity if they are policing a football game and somewhere else others are being torched, looted and assaulted. They really can't win dammed if they ban the match and dammed if they don't.
Post by: clara 50 on August 10, 2011, 01:36:20 PM
Hi Misty, glad to hear you are having a good time. We were out there in June and as you said it was quieter than the other visits especially in the day. We're back out in three weeks just wondering how the mossies are now, we got bitten the worse ever despite trying everything under the sun. I got bitten very badly just above my eyelid and it closed up completely, thank goodness for large sunglasses and the great pharmacist who gave me magic cream that got it back to normal after just four applications. Hope you continue to enjoy the rest of your holiday!!
Post by: misty on August 10, 2011, 02:59:11 PM

Mossies not a problem I use a local spray called OFF. I have also been informed that the local council have been very active in spraying the areas which also has worked......9 days now and touch wood not one single bite and cant say Ive heard the little blighters buzzing about either :D :D :D
Post by: clara 50 on August 10, 2011, 03:25:32 PM
Thanks Misty, glad to hear good news on the mossie front. In June some of our local friends reckoned that they were worse in some parts as they had started spraying later this year because the warmer more settled weather started later and of course that's when they come out in force. Mind you we did see them spraying once just off the Kalamar road where we stay. I've tried Off before have to get some more and try again. Thanks again, well done on the bite front, they're probably waiting for me to arrive LOL. Hope you have a great nine days, leave some Efes for us!!.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal