Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: HTC HD on August 07, 2011, 06:56:46 PM

Title: Just got back!
Post by: HTC HD on August 07, 2011, 06:56:46 PM
Just got back after two weeks of full on eating drinking and trips. Hotel Asiyan was great again beautiful vista in a great location. Enjoyed Yali complex next door too for beer and football.

Saklikent gorge in a jeep was amazing, with mud bath and patara beach force nine gale in August??, still overated, trip totally worth every penny and a bargin too. Being shot at with water pistols and water hoses whilst driving through villages was hilarious! The guide was fantasic.

Food was great at Fez and Rosehip, great meatballs. The new Kebab house before and opposite Kaya by the roundabout was superb. Great friendly service beautiful food what a find. Doy Doy did the best burgers homemade and to die for. The steaks and fake mustard sauce was poor though and dissapointing. Straight out of a packet. Sunset 2 for boat trip was heaven superb captain. Kekovo trip rocked too. Foto's was poor again as ever very dull same as last year. Merkez good for lunch. We went to Eden again right bang in the centre of town which is always completely dead but by far the most beautiful and stunning bar in Kalkan. Why is this??

The pub at the corner where the henna tatoo was dodgy as ever. Big fight outside on Friday night bout 10pm. A local
man attacked a woman with a child in the middle of the outside bar. Twenty people involved or more. We left immediately before it got worse. Worst thing we have seen in Kalkan but it seemed very local domestic family stuff nit tourists. It did not spoil our trip.  We loved the town beach which was very international and fun. Much better than Palm beach club, and Kalkan Beach Park. Still dont get why people pay more for colder rougher sea's that is more expensive. We loved the cold water spring behind the beach too that was awesome.

Title: Re: Just got back!
Post by: pw on August 07, 2011, 07:14:10 PM

Foto's was poor again as ever very dull same as last year.

a little perplexed re why you went back!!
Post by: HTC HD on August 07, 2011, 07:24:26 PM
Always optimistic that things will be better, and we do go on others recomendations. Or do you mean Kalkan on the whole?
Post by: pw on August 07, 2011, 07:38:38 PM
no, just Fotos..........Never been there and must admit I have read good reports. Just goes to show ya!
Post by: amber on August 07, 2011, 07:57:51 PM
Thanks for a great report.
I just love reading about peoples holidays in Kalkan.
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 08, 2011, 08:02:41 AM
thanks for your report...very interesting..we went to Fotos twice in june we thought good as last year ..smashing Guvec,and mrs had a great pasta dish,second time we had pizza...nice views on the roof without the premium prices..we love Patara beach too.....shows no two people are the same i suppose ;)
Post by: turkeyfan on August 08, 2011, 10:43:41 AM
Thanks for your great report.  Totally agree with you re Eden.  It's a gorgeous setting, with a lovely chilled feel and its such a shame it's not busier.  We haven't eaten there yet but the food should be good as it's Ibo (from the former restaurant of the same name) who's got it.
Post by: Charlie on August 08, 2011, 12:07:12 PM
Had a wonderful meal there in July with friends.  Have to agree the setting is stunning, it certainly offers something very different in Kalkan.
Post by: IssyG on August 08, 2011, 12:21:58 PM
We went to Eden when it first opened and thought it was eally lovely - although there was a mix up with our drinks we put it down to the lack of experience.
We stay at an apartment just behind Eden and it seems it's never very busy although as has been said it is a most spectacular setting. It is a wee bit on the expensive side though.
Will give it another go next week.  Be there on Friday for two weeks - can't wait.
Post by: chrissy1 on August 08, 2011, 12:47:53 PM
Hhhmmm love to hear about nice bars can u tell me where is Eden can't say I have ever seen/heard of it but sounds nice we maybe give it a try is couple weeks once I know where it is.
Post by: HTC HD on August 09, 2011, 11:34:15 AM
Eden is behind IBO, past Merkez and the Moonlight bar. You walk up an alley and up a few stairs. Beautiful gardens and surroundings. If people saw it they would be amazed I think. Its right in the centre of everything but hidden.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal