Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: chrisheeley on July 28, 2011, 02:02:07 PM

Title: A few questions please...
Post by: chrisheeley on July 28, 2011, 02:02:07 PM
I am coming to Kalkan in August (8th), and have a few queries that I hope you can help me with:-
1. Is there a river/company nearby that does white water rafting, that would be suitable for adults and kids (11 + 14)?
2. I want to watch a live football game on the evening of 11th. Not a high profile game but it is on Sky. Can you suggest where I might watch it?

Thanks
Title: Re: A few questions please...
Post by: Babs on July 28, 2011, 02:25:34 PM
hello, you can go tubing at Saklikent or canoeing down towards Patara....all the tour operators in town advertise well

not sure about the football as I try to avoid these things....possibly at Moonlight Bar??

have a good holiday
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 28, 2011, 02:42:56 PM
try the swan pub....several places have sky but he will put it on for you if it is not high profile...just buy some beers ;)
Post by: Roxie on July 28, 2011, 02:44:08 PM
Hi,
Canoeing down the Xanthos river is an excellent day out. The tubing from Saklikent is a good laugh, in fast but shallow water.
Rx
Title: canoeing down the xanthos river
Post by: kalkanchris on July 28, 2011, 08:00:35 PM
Dont go canoeing down the xanthos river if there has been storms or lots of rain that has come down from the mountains the day before you go, we did and nearly lost our lives, the river was very deep and fast flowing, our canoe started to leak and take on water, we sank and both were stuck under the canoe, my husband managed to get free then tried to free me, my foot was stuck into a branch of a fallan tree and could not free it, my husband was grabing and pulling my arm, at last i got my foot out of the sandal and with one more yank i was free,  then we were both swepted down river my husband holding on to me tightley, we manged to grab another fallen branch and make our way to a shallow part, we were frozen, the river was so cold, after half an hour or so we were rescued by a German party of canoeist, we were so relieved and greatfull to be alive,  my husband was my hero that day, and  at the time was seventy years of age.  We have been told that it is a lovely trip to do, when the river is calm and not flooded, so make sure it is.
Post by: merseydave on July 30, 2011, 08:14:56 AM
Sheff Wed v Blackpool eh? See what you mean about not high profile! ;) But still highly important to you, which is all that matters  8). The Yali bar will have it on.
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 30, 2011, 10:15:21 AM
Moonlight will probably be showing it too....just look out for the chalk boards outside the bars showing which games are on and the times. The Swan is good bet if it has aircon - the evenings are incredibly hot right now :P
Post by: itstime on July 30, 2011, 11:05:59 AM
Hey K4E glad to hear you're there now :) hopefuly the "offspring" not being too much of a total drain on the finances :o and that you're managing to avoid the bag shops ::)
Have a great time :)
Post by: Potter on July 30, 2011, 12:57:52 PM
Footy shown at the following venues, but check to see if your game is on via the blackboards outside;
Utopia
Moonlight
Parc
Yali
Swan
Chocolate?? (Did when it was No Name bar)
Atlantis on Kalmar Rd
Ottoman
Sorry if i've missed any!!
 ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal