Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Totally Turkey => Cooking => Topic started by: Vally on June 14, 2011, 06:33:46 PM

Title: Ezme
Post by: Vally on June 14, 2011, 06:33:46 PM
Does anyone have a good ezme recipe?
Title: Re: Ezme
Post by: Chucky on June 14, 2011, 09:14:02 PM
This recipe was given to me. I do not follow it faithfully as I use less garlic and substitute chilli powder for the red pepper pulp

Ingredients:
•3 medium tomatoes, peeled
•1/2 cucumber peeled
•1 green or red pepper
•1 small onion
•2 cloves garlic, crushed
•2 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
•1 tablespoon red pepper pulp, or ground red pepper (alter to suit taste - this is hot!!)
•3 tablespoons lemon juice
•4 tablespoons olive oil
•3/4 teaspoon black pepper
•1/2 teaspoon paprika

Preparation:

Remove seeds from tomatoes, cucumber, and green peppers.

Chop all vegetables into small pieces. Use a sharp knife, or a food processor. If using a food processor, be sure to drain the liquid the veggies produce and discard.

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately, or chill for 1-3 hours in the refrigerator. Chilling the salad will produce a more full flavored, bold, spicy salad because sitting allows the spices to settle and become absorbed.
Post by: itstime on June 14, 2011, 09:27:08 PM
2 medium tomatoes, discard the seeds, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/2 Cubanelle pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
2 small pickled cucumbers (cornichons),
1 tsp dry mint
3/4 tsp Cayenne pepper, crushed
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp pomegranate paste or Grenadine syrup

Again a basic recipe so experiment with the ingredients. I usually add some chopped fresh chilli to give it a bit extra spice
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 14, 2011, 10:03:31 PM
I have made it from an on line recipe which was more somple than the ones above and it was good but my advice would be to make sure you drain the tomato to get rid of liquid (I think Turkish tomatoes have more flesh and less liquid than in the uk) and we were told in a restaurant with great esme that they add tomato puree (not in my recipe!) and they also add whatever they have got (not in my recipe!). Mine had a fresh chilli in it. Yum!!!
Post by: Vally on June 16, 2011, 06:45:59 PM
Thanks will try making some although wont be quite the same with Tesco pitta bread....
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal