Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: samson on June 11, 2011, 02:09:00 PM

Title: easy jet-speedy boarder
Post by: samson on June 11, 2011, 02:09:00 PM
just been on the web site and was going to add speedy boarder to  my flight. i did it at the begining of may and it cost me £8.50. For my flight in two weeks time they now want £20.50!! inflation or what?  ???
Title: Re: easy jet-speedy boarder
Post by: kalkan4eva on June 11, 2011, 04:29:21 PM
...its ridiculous! We are flying with easyJet at the end of next month and I'm pretty sure speedy boarding wasn't that much when we booked.
Post by: DRBD on June 11, 2011, 05:43:26 PM
We have paid for S/B this week & it was £11 per person.  Have had it before & it was about £8 something.
Post by: maryjane on June 12, 2011, 11:18:47 AM
Why pay for speedy boarding - take a leaf out of some other (will not name) nationalities!   Push everyone out the way, preferably with elbows and flight bags, and then run like hell to the departure gate.  Stand and glare at all the rest of the passengers huffing and puffing trying to keep up.  Sounds like something out of a comedy show, but it happened to me in another country.  Us "tail end charlies" had the last laugh tho', as the airline changed the gate, and WE ended up as first in line/first on board from this new gate! AND no payment for speedy boarding >:D >:D >:D >:D
Post by: Skunk on June 12, 2011, 02:11:15 PM
Even better, break a foot on the last day and get on with a special lift which brings you on before anyone else and choice of seats anywhere on plane.  EasyJet were absolutely fantastic when I was coming back from Turkey last time.  8) 8) :)
Post by: misty on June 12, 2011, 04:20:45 PM

You have to march past everyone shouting speedy border at the top of your voice........ :) :) :) :) :) :)
Post by: IssyG on July 05, 2011, 09:16:09 PM
Why does everyone think that Speedy boarding makes a huge difference,  We have never used it and been on lots of Easyjet flights and never had a problem.  Is that because there are only two of us?  Our seats have always been ok and we've always been able to sit together.
Post by: DRBD on July 06, 2011, 06:26:24 AM
May depend on just how old you are & mobile perhaps.
  Have you ever had a passenger push a push chair into your legs with child still inside, just to try & get in front of you. 

All to our own, & you seem to have been very fortunate.
Post by: dabber29 on July 06, 2011, 12:34:50 PM
I've spotted passengers join the SB queue without SB. They are told to step aside and wait and then guess what, they are suddenly at the head of the non SB queue. Cute or what? 
Post by: sally on July 06, 2011, 03:44:33 PM
SB well worth the money if you are 6' 6" like my OH!  4 hours in a normal seat & he's nearly bent double!
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 07, 2011, 08:57:37 AM
see, I enjoy the SB sprint...its sport >:D Not as fond of the SB scrum at Dalaman though - its like the start of the Grand National :)
Post by: littlelin on July 07, 2011, 05:49:41 PM
Having returned from Kalkan just over a week ago, both our inbound and outbound EasyJet flights did not use the gates so we were bussed to and from the terminal. To be fair to Dalaman staff, us SBs did have a bus to ourselves first. Even wheelchair users weren't allowed on it.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal