Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: Cheesecake on May 29, 2011, 10:01:19 PM

Title: Is it time for Sir Alex to go
Post by: Cheesecake on May 29, 2011, 10:01:19 PM
Having watched Barcelona play Man Utd. Completely off the pitch in rain soaked Kalkan last night, I felt almost embarrassed to think that that was the best English club we could come up with! Frankly it's easy for any Man Utd. manager to win the prem as they should each year, they are the biggest and have more money available to them than anyone else, they are worth $800 million more than Barcelona and yet look how much better they were than us. This must be down to the managers and the managers alone.
 Everyone raves about how great sir Alex is, but he's only brought home the European cup twice in all his 20 odd years. No not good enough for me, a team with that wealth should be doing a lot better. Very disappointing.
Title: Re: Is it time for Sir Alex to go
Post by: iyiislamlar on May 30, 2011, 08:53:51 AM
As long as they dont poach Alan Pardew from Newcastle !!
Ignore me I am due in Turkey on Friday for clearly a much needed rest
Post by: hodstar on May 30, 2011, 09:02:14 AM
I for one would love to have Sir Alex at Newcastle United instead of another yes sir no sir manager, like we have now.
Post by: Alysa on May 30, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
I have to agree, Man Utd. are worth more than Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool put together and have been for many seasons now. It's a bit like America not winning a war against any country, their economic strength makes them so powerful it should be impossible for them to lose!
Considering their wealth 2 european cups in 20 years is apalling.
I'd like to see a younger, more compitent manager, someone like Harry Rednapp who works wonders with a very small budget, just think what he'd do with Sir Alex's massive budget!
Post by: philb1963 on May 30, 2011, 09:05:58 AM
Barcelona would have beaten any other team in the world on Saturday - they are one of the best teams the world has seen for generations (international or club) and because they beat United you want the manager sacked!!!  They don't have more money available than anyone else - ask Chelsea and City - and the only reason they have so much money anyway is because of what Ferguson has done with the club over the last 25 years.

Post by: hodstar on May 30, 2011, 09:11:51 AM
I am def not a Man u fan, but agree 100% with philb1963
Post by: Enişte on May 30, 2011, 09:22:00 AM
Does Manyoo have any real money or just the shedloads the Glazers have borrowed?  They and many others will be screwed when the new financial regulations come in.  Not sure if the idea of a younger manager was the perfect time to suggest our Harry was next best option, but the knee jerk reaction to defeat is similar to our 'Harry Out' fans after we had reached the last 8 and finished the league in 5th.  It's not long since we would have killed even for one of those!  And people call Spurs fans fickle.....
Post by: misty on May 30, 2011, 09:25:43 AM

Harry is a top manager....and I have nothing but respect for him after what he did for us at Fratton Park.....not sure if he would want the Utd job...also is he not only a couple of years younger than Fergie.....plus Manchester is miles from Sandybanks   ;) ;) ;)
Post by: Potter on May 30, 2011, 10:22:34 AM
best English club we could come up with! Frankly it's easy for any Man Utd. manager to win the prem as they should each year, they are the biggest and have more money available to them than anyone else, they are worth $800 million more than Barcelona
 Everyone raves about how great sir Alex is, but he's only brought home the European cup twice in all his 20 odd years. No not good enough for me, a team with that wealth should be doing a lot better. Very disappointing.
I have to agree, Man Utd. are worth more than Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool put together and have been for many seasons now. It's a bit like America not winning a war against any country, their economic strength makes them so powerful it should be impossible for them to lose!
Considering their wealth 2 european cups in 20 years is apalling.

Good god, arrogance at it's very best, no suprise there tho eh!! :o
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 30, 2011, 12:55:01 PM
What happened to the massive debt the Glazers saddled United with when they bought the club with money they didn't have, borrowed at at exorbitant rate??   isn't that why your Newton Heath protesters in yellow and green want them out?....Barcelona are untouchable at the moment and as well as Messi the midfield is far better than Uniteds....but well done for getting to another final ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 30, 2011, 01:41:30 PM
I was shouting for United...yes really...and I did think they might nick it, but Barca were amazing. All that talk about the length of the Wembley turf putting them off their stride...erm..don't think so. I also admire how this club is set up in terms of ownership, its continuation to have a charity instead of a shirt sponsorship and the fantastic way (CL semi-final v Real Madrid aside) they go about their business. They will be a tough side to beat for a good few seasons yet.
Should Sir Alex go..? Absolutely not! He is the best manager in the football league and the most successful ever (as an LFC season ticket holder that is painful to admit). If you're looking for the second best manager in the league that has to be David Moyes. Alysa...that's what you call a small budget - I think you'll find Harry has had a fair bit to spend on players compared to many other teams in the premiership.
Post by: Enişte on May 30, 2011, 02:03:18 PM
For the first time in about 30 years, I like Barcelona again.  They kicked my lads off the park back in 1982 or 83 and then employed the druggie Argy cheat and in spite of seeing Venables, Lineker and Archibald work there, I only ever supported them when beating Arsenal.  Don't like the theatrical stuff but watching that passing on Saturday was just a joy.  Carrick looked totally lost and speaking of expensive gormless Geordies, I think Liverpool have spent an awful lot this last few seasons too and are still very far from the old days, despite Mick Quinn's belief that they will be champions next season....  I think Owen Coyle would get my vote for best manager on a budget.
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 30, 2011, 02:25:16 PM
Rafa and Woy were given a lot of money, but spent it - in the most part - unwisely. We spent a lot in the January transfer window, but actually ended up in profit on the deals, thanks to the £50m Roman gave us. I think Andy Carroll has genuine potential and might not be as gormless as you might think - Suarez was a steal. I think Quinny is over optimistic (quelle surprise), we'll do better next season, but champions is a big ask.
Post by: misty on May 30, 2011, 03:15:33 PM

Stacey Giggs is after information into the whereabouts of her husband between the hours of 7:45pm and 9.40pm on Saturday night  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Post by: Potter on May 30, 2011, 03:36:39 PM
Misty, dont you mean 'an unamed premiership player'??  Nudge, nudge, ;) ;) say no more  :-X
Post by: misty on May 30, 2011, 05:06:13 PM

Wow Swansea in the Premier League.......guess we now one team that will be coming down next season  >:D :angel: >:D :angel:
Post by: Potter on May 30, 2011, 05:19:58 PM
True, there's only room for one SCFC in the Premiership  ;) ;) ;) ;D >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 30, 2011, 05:41:53 PM
A new film is being released about Imogen and Giggs.......it's called "Saving Ryans Privates" >:D
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 31, 2011, 08:36:55 AM
Good luck to Swansea....they have some good players and play some nice football, but its a big jump for all three Championship promotees this year. Nice to see the team that actually finished third take the third spot for a change :)
Post by: Enişte on May 31, 2011, 10:36:40 AM
Three SCFCs - Soviet Chelski Football Club!
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 31, 2011, 09:45:07 PM
 ;D ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal