Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: tuppy on May 26, 2011, 04:34:16 PM

Title: Lira, Sterling or Euro?
Post by: tuppy on May 26, 2011, 04:34:16 PM
Hi everyone,

This might sound silly but a few people have told me not to take Lira to Turkey? Apparently they prefer to be paid in Euros? This seemed a bit strange to me and sounds like a pain having sterling, euros and lira to work out each time i pay for something!!

I was thinking about taking enough Lira to last the first day or two and then changing Sterling as and when i needed it.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks
Title: Re: Lira, Sterling or Euro?
Post by: Roxie on May 26, 2011, 04:42:56 PM
Hi,
You are spot on. Garanti Autobank will also dispense sterling! The shops will change lira but what's the point!
Rx
Post by: tuppy on May 26, 2011, 04:46:37 PM
Hi Roxie,

Do you mean we are spot on to take enough Lira to last the first day or two and then changing Sterling as and when i needed it....or that we will be best using euros?

Thanks
Post by: kevincat99 on May 26, 2011, 04:49:06 PM

Take some Lira and then £sterling as you can change it for a better rate in Kalkan rather than the UK

Don't bother with Euro's as no one locally uses them but they will happily accept them if thats what you have
Post by: tuppy on May 26, 2011, 04:51:05 PM
Thanks Kevin - thats what we had planned so will stick with that!
Post by: tortoise lady on May 26, 2011, 05:20:00 PM
That's what we have always done over the years and it has worked well so far!    Never think of taking Euros (except one year we thought we might go on a day trip to Meis when they would have been useful). 
Post by: Roxie on May 27, 2011, 10:13:33 AM
Hi,
Just looked at your post. Sorry to confuse. Take lira for 1st few days and then use sterling.
Rx
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal