Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Blue Lizard on May 01, 2011, 07:56:46 AM

Title: Sad start to the Season
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 01, 2011, 07:56:46 AM
KTLN reports that a British man believed to be staying in Kalkan, drowned yesterday afternoon at Patara beach...A very sad piece of news...It's easy to forget that a place of such beauty can still hold dangers for adults as well as children...
Title: Re: Sad start to the Season
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 01, 2011, 08:18:56 AM
Indeed, tragic. Personally I'm not sure if the photo of the beach afterwards is necessary or tasteful given the circumstances.
Post by: sally on May 01, 2011, 08:44:49 AM
Actually, I think the photo is OK as its captions say:

"Photograph taken yesterday, shortly after the tragic drowning at Patara beach. "

It shows the sea conditions, which may not look too  rough to an inexperienced sea swimmer so  serve as a warning to be very careful on beaches with known rips & currents.

My sympathy to the victim's family & friends.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 01, 2011, 08:58:54 AM
I see where your going with that Sally... Have to say looking at it again the sea doesn't look that rough does it. Tragic. My thoughts are with the friends and family at this time. Especially poignment as a close friend of mine died from drowning on holiday in Portugal.
Post by: pw on May 01, 2011, 09:02:31 AM
Agree with Sally.
A stark reminder to us all of the inherent dangers associated with swimming in the sea.
Parents should take particular note and supervise their children at all times.
PW
Post by: misty on May 01, 2011, 11:02:31 AM
Tragic news and yes you always have to be aware of the rip even in waters that look very calm....our thoughts go out to the family.
Post by: MouMou on May 01, 2011, 07:45:56 PM
Very shocked to read about this tragedy, sincere condolances for the family, very very sad.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal