Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Cuddles on April 15, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Title: Aegean cancel again!
Post by: Cuddles on April 15, 2011, 09:11:29 PM
Last year I posted that I would not book with Aegean again. However, I did because the flights were cheap and I'm stupid and like to get organised well in advance. (Less stress ????)

Thay have just sent me an email to say that our flight (4 people) from DLM to LGW on 13 June has been cancelled. When I phoned to enquire about what flights I could transfer onto, I was told that the airline (Onur) had cancelled the flight because of lack of bookings.

Has anybody else had this email from them today?
Title: Re: Aegean cancel again!
Post by: headroom on April 15, 2011, 09:47:03 PM
they cancelled our flights on the 6th June.
Post by: Cuddles on April 16, 2011, 09:37:27 AM
Thank you headroom. That's a Monday too, did they give you a reason?
Post by: chrissy1 on April 16, 2011, 12:22:25 PM
Oh my u poor things - we have booked with them for 2 this year from Durham Tees Valley hope they don't cancel ours, we have never flown with them before so am worried now, anyone else flown from teesside with them before and had any probs please? :o
Post by: misty on April 16, 2011, 12:31:31 PM
When you say cancel do you mean they do not offer you alternative flights either ??
Post by: headroom on April 16, 2011, 02:14:16 PM
they actually did offer a flight on the previous day, but rubbish flight times, I specifically booked for the flight times, they gave me a refund and I booked with other airlines (1 going out, another back) at a price of about £100 each extra.
   I've flown with them before, had delays but otherwise not too bad.
Post by: Cuddles on April 16, 2011, 04:47:00 PM
They do offer an alternative, coming back 3 days earlier in my case, on Friday 10th and at the same times. (so far.) I have accepted this but, it's a little awkward to notify my 3 working friends I'm travelling with that they are going to lose 3 days of their holiday.
Headroom did you look at EasyJet? I had a quick look yesterday before I contacted my friends and it worked out at only around £11 more per person with hold bags. It did mean getting into LGW at 00.05 though.
Post by: Honey on April 16, 2011, 05:50:40 PM
They have also cancelled our flights from Bristol on the 6th June due to lack of sales.We were offered alternative flights but it's worked in our favour to have a full refund as we were unable to go this year & were trying to sell our tickets.We have had very few enquiries about our apartment this year compared to previous years & wondering if it's the same for anyone else out there?Cant beleive they cant fill a plane in June?Tourism must be bad this year.
Post by: headroom on April 16, 2011, 05:54:19 PM

Headroom did you look at EasyJet? I had a quick look yesterday before I contacted my friends and it worked out at only around £11 more per person with hold bags. It did mean getting into LGW at 00.05 though.

Sorry I didn't say, our flights were from Manchester, I still have one booked with them in September, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't cancel that one too.
Post by: Cuddles on April 16, 2011, 07:45:17 PM
Oh! I thought that you too were from LGW.

I have flights out of Bournemouth in Sept, and back into there in Oct. I booked them when they came on last year, before our Sept 2010, was cancelled with 3 weeks notice.
I note that on the Aegean site they are no longer showing flight availability for a return into Bournemouth after 15 Sept, now. So, I am certain that they will cancel it and offer either Bristol or LGW again for the return.
Post by: Cuddles on July 26, 2011, 12:28:23 PM
This is definately the last year that I fly with Aegean.
I was booked with them (as mentioned in my last post here) to fly back into Bournemouth on Oct 13. Just last week (18th) I rang them to see if it was still running as it has not shown as on sale for some months. I wanted to book some expensive concert tickets for the 14th Oct, and, if they pulled the flight I might miss it.
Amelia told me that it was fully booked and was almost certain to run. Guess what? This morning I get an email to say it has been cancelled! Did Amelia deliberately lie to me?
For the past 3 or 4 years I have booked with Aegean as soon as their flights come on sale. At first there were no problems. In the past 2 years they have altered every flight I have booked with them, about 4 per year. No more, no matter how cheap!
Post by: itstime on July 26, 2011, 05:05:10 PM
Used Aegean this year and no delays, changes or cancellations. Excellent daytime flight times too so no complaints this time :)
Our September flights with jet2 have already had one time change so hoping for no other problems.
Post by: Genie on July 26, 2011, 07:35:48 PM
We booked flights for May and September with Aegean when their flights came out last year.  They cancelled the May flights due to lack of sales.  I phoned a few weeks ago and was told the September flights were definitely on as the flight was fully booked.  Guess what! got an email last week, the flights are cancelled to due lack of sales!!.  I rang them and asked if their policy was to tell lies regarding the flights.  They denied this but going by the thread here it does have a similar ring to it.
Post by: Cuddles on July 26, 2011, 10:15:45 PM
I know this is a bit late but, it would help if we all stated where we are flying from when we post comments or 'heads ups' on this site.
I spent a frantic half hour trying to book EasyJet LGW to DLM for next year, this morning. I didn't realise that they hadn't released the LGW flights yet.

Itstime, how long before you flew did you book and, from where?

Post by: itstime on July 27, 2011, 08:10:16 AM
Hi Bubbles

I booked almost as soon as flights went on sale last year and flew out from Glasgow on 2nd July. I did have some concerns as have had minor changes in the past and have read on here of other peoples experiences of major changes and cancellations but this year we were very lucky.
We have more limited choices flying from Scotland and flights tend to be much more expensive. Trying Jet2 in September as this is the first year they have flown Glasgow to Dalaman.
Post by: Cuddles on July 27, 2011, 09:50:04 AM
Good luck with Jet2, Itstime.

I'm sure that it is because you were flying from Glasgow with the limited choice of airlines on the DLM route, that meant the flights had better bookings and were therefore, not subject to cancellation.
Round here in Bournemouth, they still look down their noses at Turkey so, they lose out by going to Spain and Cyprus. But, that of course means that there are far fewer people wanting to fly to DLM and the flights get pulled due to lack of sales. (I'm still waiting for Aegean to get back to me, as promised, with the reason my return on the 13 Oct was cancelled. I am not holding my breath though!)
Post by: lilly on July 27, 2011, 11:53:55 AM
Hi. Have just booked again with Aegean Flights. We have flown with them 3 times. Have had one flight cancelled  last year but at £120 return, Belfast/Dalaman i'll take the chance! When the outbound flight was cancelled we booked with Thomas Cook and flew home Aegean. It still worked out cheaper than TC both ways. :)
Post by: itstime on July 31, 2011, 08:19:05 PM
Just booked again with Aegean for next year. Under £300 for 2 in July from Glasgow. I know it's not quite the bargain of Easy jet from Down South but seems like a great deal for us :)
Aegean served us well earlier this month, got Jet2 to try for the first time in September. Happy days :) :)
Post by: Cuddles on August 03, 2011, 09:58:43 PM
Damn! I had just got Aegean (last Friday) to agree to pay compensation for the extra costs involved in travelling back to Bournemouth from from Gatwick. (see previous posts)
So now, I feel it would be appropriate to rename this thread AEGEAN CANCELLED!

Have managed to re-book for Sept/Oct with EasyJet at a fairly reasonable £216, instead of the £127 paid to Aegean. I'm just so glad I didn't book for next year with them and, just so sorry for those that have lost their holidays through their collapse.

Anybody want a reading, I think I'm Psychic.
Post by: itstime on August 04, 2011, 07:37:24 AM
Just booked again with Aegean for next year. Under £300 for 2 in July from Glasgow. I know it's not quite the bargain of Easy jet from Down South but seems like a great deal for us :)
Aegean served us well earlier this month, got Jet2 to try for the first time in September. Happy days :) :)

What was that I said ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Post by: Yabancı on August 08, 2011, 10:15:30 AM
Interestingly, this morning I was looking at the Thomas Cook website, and they are offering flights with Onur Air, unfortunately charged at TC prices!
Post by: felicity on August 08, 2011, 10:49:31 AM
Easy Jet are also offering flights with ONur air at EXHORBITANT prices - like £336 ONE WAY!!  >:( >:( >:(
Post by: chrissy1 on August 08, 2011, 11:40:46 AM
How fascinating flying from which airport cos there is nothing from our closest Newcastle - my sister has been trying for days to get a flight.
Post by: felicity on August 08, 2011, 08:07:33 PM
flying from Gatwick...but I really cant bear the thought of nigh on £600 for a flight only....  >:( >:( >:(
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal