Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Accommodation and Hotels => Topic started by: LovesKalkan on February 21, 2011, 04:30:44 PM

Title: Sevgi Hotel
Post by: LovesKalkan on February 21, 2011, 04:30:44 PM
Hi,

Were booked into the Sevgi Hotel in early July, and I just wondered if anyone could tell me where abouts it is and what its near? So I can get my bearings. I've visited Kalkan before but never stayed close to town.

Also has anyone stayed at this hotel before? the reviews on trip advisor seemed pretty positive apart frm possibly the pool wasnt always that clean (which im hoping was just an off day as the price was too good too refuse)

Thanks all for your help.

Title: Re: Sevgi Hotel
Post by: itstime on February 21, 2011, 05:48:22 PM
The Sevgi is very centrally located and only a few minutes walk to the town. It's along the road from the Samira apartment block if that's any help.
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 21, 2011, 06:55:20 PM
I've not stayed at the Sevgi but I know people who have and have enjoyed it - its cheap and cheerful and has a great view from the rooftop terrace. As itstime says its very central, but there's a bit of a climb back out of town if you take the direct route of the steps up from Moonlight  :P
Have a great stay :)
Post by: tonik1945 on February 21, 2011, 09:35:53 PM
I think the Thursday market is held on the road outside! Very convenient!
Here is a link to the map on Turkish Local News

http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-area-map
Post by: Denners on February 21, 2011, 09:49:51 PM
No, the Thursday market is not on the same road, its about 2/300 metres away on 2 roads above the Sevgi.
Post by: Johnjen on February 21, 2011, 09:52:56 PM
It's nowhere near the market.If you take road (or what I would call an entry) at the side of what was the Cati restaurant & walk up 50 metres it is on the right hand side.From there up this road is on left Truffles residence on right Samira 3 bedroom apartments & then on left the rear of the Samira Hotel.A sharp left there will take around the Samira to the roundabout.
Post by: littlelin on February 22, 2011, 04:15:09 PM
Tonik - the hotel at the end of the market, near the Jandarmerie, is the Kelebek. The Sevgi is, I think, along the road below the Kelebek, in front of what used to be the school and close to the back of the Samira Hotel (as Johnjen has said).
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal