Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: sturdysteve on February 06, 2011, 09:21:38 PM

Title: FOOTBALL
Post by: sturdysteve on February 06, 2011, 09:21:38 PM
Hey guys Im a happy boy >Just got my ticket to go to old trafford to see my team Crawley Town take on the mighty man utd in the 5th round of the FA CUP.What a fantastic day.Sorry to bore you but im buzzing. happy days! ;D
Title: Re: FOOTBALL
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 07, 2011, 08:31:52 AM
Hope you enjoy your big day...everyone who doesn't support Man U will be behind you! ;)
Post by: pw on February 07, 2011, 10:42:35 AM
Crawley Town knocked out my local non-league team - Guiseley Town. Good luck (you're gonna need it!) against the Red Scum!
Post by: misty on February 07, 2011, 11:44:52 AM

We dumped Man U out of the FA Cup in 2008 and went on to win it.....the look on Fergies face at full time was a joy I don't think a person could have gone any redder with anger......good luck to you I hope you do the same  :) :) :)
Post by: Enişte on February 07, 2011, 01:22:19 PM
Not very nice description, Peter and anyway, they're not playing A***nal!
Post by: fidimax on February 07, 2011, 02:58:11 PM
Crawley Town knocked out my local non-league team - Guiseley Town. Good luck (you're gonna need it!) against the Red Scum!

WHAT A P*****K.........   >:D
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 07, 2011, 03:04:21 PM
I think Arsene Wenger might have had a redder face against Newcastle on Saturday, Misty ;D ;D He was pretty cross, anyway :P And a red face with embarrassment?.....pick any one from three at Stamford Bridge yesterday >:D
Post by: fidimax on February 07, 2011, 03:15:21 PM
Good luck to Crawley,a draw would be good for them and make a lot of money from the replay . 
Title: Re: FOOTBALL- get a life
Post by: Wally on February 07, 2011, 06:34:09 PM
What actually are all these comments about crawley & f.a. cup doing on this web site? Isn't it supposedly about Kalkan life? I know that it's nothing I can change and no doubt will receive abuse, varying in degrees from the the football people, but if you lot want to talk football join another site!

Me I want to see comments about our Kalkan, to learn, to laugh & say sorry when I have to, not to read what is happening about a service station playing the non stop record called manchester united! No need for smileys because there ain't any! As my title says get a life!
Post by: misty on February 07, 2011, 06:53:24 PM
Wally (so apt) If you take time to go back over the many threads you will that many subjects other than Kalkan are covered which is why the forum is so popular.....If you don't like it then why don't you jog on and maybe launch your own Kalkan only forum.....  :) :) :) :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 07, 2011, 06:56:46 PM
The subject section "the everything else" should give you a clue wally....do i detect unfriendliness because your post on watching rugby players grabbing each others goolies was a flop? Join in the fun Wally my old bean and you will get more...if i lived in a great place like kalkan i'd certainly hope to be chilled (like my beer)....maybe you are a newcomer to viewing EK but many of us who have been here for a while know how diverse and varied subjects can be...go with the flow!!
good luck crawley!...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D smileys!  lifes better if you have them

i do suspect our Wally is looking for reaction? :-*   
Post by: sturdysteve on February 07, 2011, 09:52:19 PM
Thanks Everyone  for all your comments .This really is a big thing for me and i apreciate it. Never mind Wally there is always a narrow minded git wanting to put his pennyworth in. bless you :) :) :) :)
Post by: misty on February 07, 2011, 10:16:50 PM

No worries remember he is a rugger bu#@er and we know they all like to get in a big bath together after a match  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Post by: pw on February 07, 2011, 10:56:59 PM
Not very nice description, Peter and anyway, they're not playing A***nal!

No, but my real team played them on Saturday!! Whinger was not a happy frog!
Post by: pw on February 07, 2011, 10:59:20 PM
[/quote

no sense of humour eh? Must be a man u fan.

WHAT A P*****K.........   >:D
Post by: johnl on February 07, 2011, 11:19:28 PM
Cmon you WOLVES.........
Title: FOOTBALL chuckle chuckle
Post by: Wally on February 08, 2011, 06:27:13 AM
 >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D     ???  :-X :-X :-X

Bye for now   :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-*
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 08, 2011, 09:12:36 AM
Well footy fans..Denmark vEngland ..... wed night live on ITV 1......on the downside.... i'd like to know who listened to Adrian Chiles and thought "OH Goody!..lets make him a broadcaster!!!".....he sounds like a bee in a jamjar!!... >:( >:( :P
Post by: fidimax on February 08, 2011, 02:12:33 PM
No Peter,I,am not a man u fan,but,my wife and ALL my family are,and I dont like them being called SCUM !!!!!
My wife and I have friends in Newcastle and have been to matches with them,great days out and great people,but I will stick with my original comment " PILLOCK ",and IF you stay with EK you will see I have a great sense of humour.  :P
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 08, 2011, 02:48:13 PM
Tell it like it is, Neil  ;D ;D ;D :-*

We all support different teams (that includes women, some of whom might know the offside rule by the way.. :o) and a bit of joking and banter between ourselves is all well and good, but I think "scum" crosses the line for me. One hundred percent support Fidimax on this.

I like Adrian Chiles, BL, but I don't think football is his bag - he's too deadpan and dry wit for that. Although he did used to present MOTD 2 on Sunday night before he defected for the big bucks of ITV. Can't say I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow night - the friendlies are a bit too much of a non-event for me.
Post by: misty on February 08, 2011, 03:50:29 PM

We will not have some Wally come lately coming on to the forum dictating what we can discuss...... ;) ;) ;)
Post by: fidimax on February 08, 2011, 04:17:38 PM
If " WALLY " does indeed live in Kalkan,I would have thought he would have better things to do than,erm,muck stir on EK,come on Wally,get yourself along to Parc Kalkan for the quiz,I am sure Nick would love to talk you on the finer points of football,and the food on offer should really be to your liking........  >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 08, 2011, 05:36:02 PM
K4E......the droning of Adrian "dribbly lips" Chiles was why i stopped watching MOD 2......i think the only purpose he would be good for is being sat on the far end of a beach to keep the flies off the rest of us ;D

notice the withdrawls of players for wed friendly(chipped nail,spot on bum etc)? wonder how many would be fit if it was a Qualifier? >:( ..i know clubs own the players and they have a big say but it still sucks,on the other hand it gives someone else a chance to show he can't play football  ::)
Post by: pw on February 08, 2011, 08:41:01 PM
No Peter,I,am not a man u fan,but,my wife and ALL my family are,and I dont like them being called SCUM !!!!!
My wife and I have friends in Newcastle and have been to matches with them,great days out and great people,but I will stick with my original comment " PILLOCK ",and IF you stay with EK you will see I have a great sense of humour.  :P

Yeah I'm sure you're a hoot fella just not great on footy banter.  I may not like Man U but I can't recall resorting to personal name calling on here.
Post by: fidimax on February 09, 2011, 03:36:54 PM
Ok Peter.so what/who is " red scum " the fans ...the team...the club  ?
Post by: pw on February 09, 2011, 06:31:55 PM
Ok Peter.so what/who is " red scum " the fans ...the team...the club  ?

I'm amazed you haven't heard the term before. Ask most folk and they'd say Man Utd (certainly over here in W Yorks)there's even a facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=69667715976)  but a quick google would suggest it could equally apply to any club playing in red.

Post by: sturdysteve on February 21, 2011, 09:27:43 PM
Hi  Guys  what a weekend, i was totaly overwhelmed by the whole thing.our lads really did us proud. Just to stand there with 9000 fellow supporters singing our hearts out justdid it, ;D ;D ;D ;D looking forward to september when we come out to kalkan.hopefully a div 2 team by then.
Post by: Charlie on February 21, 2011, 10:29:00 PM
well done Steve! And as Fergie himself said you deserved a draw.
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 22, 2011, 04:29:19 PM
...that's "Relieved Fergie-speak". He wouldn't have fancied a replay at Broadfield, and nor would his players. Thought you gave a great account of yourselves, you can be very proud. A great advert for Blue Square Premier too.
Post by: misty on February 22, 2011, 10:52:28 PM
Just got back from Fratton Park..Pompey stuffed Palace...who are it has to be said...cr#@ >:D >:D >:D >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 23, 2011, 09:41:09 AM
Ha Ha....1-0  hardly a stuffing?..just suggests that you marginally less cr#@ than them..... :P ;D
Post by: misty on February 23, 2011, 11:17:11 AM
We were playing with them should really have put four or five past them....fair play they brought alot of supporters down for a Tuesday night  :) :) j
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 28, 2011, 11:55:17 AM
Well!!! what a result for my dear Birmingham brave hearts!!...It's been a long wait but boy was it worth it to see the arrogant Wenger humbled(Fridays interview he thought all they had to do was turn up!)..a great game as well.....Europe next season..a nice trip to Istanbul would be good!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Arsenal 1 - Birmingham City 2 ;)
Post by: misty on February 28, 2011, 01:26:06 PM
Fantastic result for Birmingham and yes Wenger's face was a picture.....he will blame the pitch the ref etc etc anyone except his overpaid currently useless team........I loved your second goal  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW Pompey five games unbeaten...last four were wins with a clean sheet.....dare I saw Prem here we come  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Post by: itstime on February 28, 2011, 04:57:54 PM
experienced the joy of seeing my beloved Motherwell beat league leaders Celtic 2-0 yesterday :) :)
Post by: itstime on April 17, 2011, 09:13:15 PM
Oh happy days. Got through Scottish cup semi final at a canter yesterday 3-0 :)
Cup final on 21st May to look forward to and it will be 20th anniversary since our last win.
It's written in the stars...........................
Just got to beat Celtic again ::) ::)
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 18, 2011, 08:06:13 AM
Hope you follow our example(Brum) and give the big time charlies a whooping..always nice to see the underdog win ;)
Post by: Potter on May 19, 2011, 08:40:05 PM
Hope you follow our example(Brum) and give the big time charlies a whooping..always nice to see the underdog win ;)

This underdog didn't do very well in the FA Cup final!!!! :o :( Fantastic day out though,,,,but not as good as the semi ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 19, 2011, 08:45:05 PM
look on the bright side...you were there and you are still in the prem.....would i swap the Carling Cup for prem status???...think i would...nervous sunday coming up! ::)
Post by: Potter on May 19, 2011, 08:48:49 PM
look on the bright side...you were there and you are still in the prem.....would i swap the Carling Cup for prem status???...think i would...nervous sunday coming up! ::)

Worry ye not, Blackpool are doomed, we will send Wigan down............................I think :-\
Post by: alantj on May 20, 2011, 09:14:12 AM

Worry ye not, Blackpool are doomed, we will send Wigan down............................I think :-\

No we're not.  We just need a give Man U a 4-0 spanking at Old Traford and then we are home and dry.

Post by: Enişte on May 20, 2011, 10:03:16 AM
BL - are you worried that you might be going with Wigan?  I wish there was a way for you to draw at WHL on Sunday and Villa to win, keeping you up and Liverpool in 6th.  We have drawn 9 at home in the league this season but only lost one.  Who knows what might happen, but at least Wet Spam went last week!
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 20, 2011, 01:16:08 PM
Makes you wonder why Sullivan, Gold And Brady think they are good at this footy malarky doesn't it?Left Brum with us in the bottom 3..relegated that year.....fans hated them and they didn't even have the bottle to show up to support west ham in a cup semi final leg at Brum?...now they have put west ham in the doo doo......beggars belief how Karren brady got a job on the apprentice ...storming off because you don't get your way(several times at brum) is hardly top management skills...mind you all she does is roll her eyes,state the obvious and bat her eyelids at Srrr Alan......i don't think we will get anything at white hart lane and feel someone will get something somewhere to ruin my sundaY! ;)

Also turkish league.....Fenerbache or Trabzonspor?...i think Fener ;)
Post by: Enişte on May 20, 2011, 03:27:09 PM
I think Fener will win it but would prefer Trabzon, just to keep a few mates here quiet.  Less said about Gala's season the better!
Post by: itstime on May 21, 2011, 07:07:24 PM
Just back from Hampden and not with a smile on my face. Got well beaten by Celtic :'( Ah well there's always next year :)
Why is it that the "big" team always seems to get decisions from the referee. A definite sending off early in the first half was somehow missed by the match officials >:D Might have made a difference but we'll never know ::)
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 21, 2011, 07:39:17 PM
sorry you lost...i saw that tackle......the ref should have gone to specsavers if he didn't....you are right with big teams getting decisions
Post by: itstime on May 21, 2011, 08:03:51 PM
Aw thanks BL :) still sitting here adorned in my claret and amber colours and dreaming of what might have been ::)

All the best for tomorrow, it's going to be "squeaky bum time" but hopefully work out for you :)  Can't help but think you've missed McFadden this season. He's a particular favourite of mine, a great player and a lovely guy. When he was with us he always went the extra mile for the fans. I was secretary of our Supporters Association and could always count on Faddy supporting any events we were organising.
I'll be watching as it all unfolds tomorrow
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 21, 2011, 08:17:03 PM
sadly Faddy has missed much of the season....and our injury list grew after the wembley final and we still have several missing....still no excuses..what will be will be...i will still be a bluenose next year no matter what division ::)

and my shirt will be in kalkan with me!! >:D
Post by: itstime on May 21, 2011, 08:22:52 PM
LOL good on you BL :) one of my favourite pictures of all time is me and my son in matching Motherwell shirts, down by the harbour. He was 10 at the time, he's now 23. Oh the horror a woman in a football top  :P was using it as a cover up on the beach though and definitely not part of my ensemble for an evening on the town :D
Post by: misty on May 21, 2011, 08:23:41 PM
I have a feeling Blackpool are going to beat Man U tomorrow........ :D :D
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 21, 2011, 08:44:30 PM
gutted for you, itstime  :( :( >:(
On Squeaky Bum Sunday, I feel Blackburn and Wigan are the casualties....so BL, I predict safety for you, and I sincerely hope that happens. Nick, you don't have to beat Birmingham as we will definitely lose to Villa (Darren Bent is prolific against us...) And as I've already said you are welcome to Channel 5 :-*
The Premiership would be a poorer place without Ian Holloway and the seasiders, so hopefully alantj will have his wish too...
Good luck everyone :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 21, 2011, 09:02:10 PM
I am working so it will take my mind off it...i shall try not to keep checking my mobile and also try not to do too many bum puffs so as not to upset my workmates :-\ :-[

if we stay i shall sing the "Sausage and Egg" song followed by "Keep Right On "..should we drop i will slope off unseen into the dark areas :-\
Post by: itstime on May 22, 2011, 06:41:52 PM
Oh dear what a day :o couldn't quite keep up with all the changes of league position during the afternoon and so sorry for the fans of the teams who lost out :(
Not much consolation but onwards and upwards to take the Championship by storm next season and come straight back up :)
Post by: misty on May 22, 2011, 07:07:14 PM

Bad luck Blackpool you played so well......what an interesting afternoon.......and BL see you at Fratton Park next season  :) :) 
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 22, 2011, 07:31:10 PM
I'm absolutely gutted.... not very good company tonight...... :'( :'( :'(
Post by: misty on May 22, 2011, 07:34:23 PM
Chin up old chap...I thought the same but have really enjoyed our season in the Championship  ;D ;D
Post by: itstime on May 22, 2011, 07:46:24 PM
Ah BL join the club. They do say misery loves company and I'm having to contemplate going to work tomorrow to face all the smug Celtic fans who will revel in their victory and go on and on and on about their superiority >:(
Still would rather follow my team than any of the rich big 2 up here :)
Post by: onelove on May 22, 2011, 09:01:51 PM
Well Misty...................that must of been a funny feeling  >:D >:D >:D >:D   I hope you dont gamble  ???

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D = NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNineteen.........FACT ;-)
Post by: misty on May 22, 2011, 09:13:17 PM

I can live with that  :) :) :) we will return to the top flight soon..... :P :P :P :P
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 22, 2011, 10:42:28 PM
well my predictions show you why I never gamble....so sorry BL and alantj :(
Post by: alantj on May 23, 2011, 09:55:19 AM
well my predictions show you why I never gamble....so sorry BL and alantj :(

Yesterday was a real downer with 15 mins to go we were just getting ready to party and then it all went tits up. However, on reflection (now sober again) not too depressed, it was a great season and we did better than had seemed possible before the start of the season. 

Being at Wembley for the playoff was my best day out ever but I did feel that Blackpool was really a Division 1 team that somehow had found itself in the Premiership.

At worst the season will have given Blackpool the money to make itself into a proper Championship team and hopefully push for promotion next season. Not so good for West Ham and Birmingham though both have big debts and need to be in the Premiership.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 23, 2011, 10:30:18 AM
Well it's morning and i'm awake..it wasn't a nightmare after all!!...Debt?? many of us Bluenoses are asking where the debt came from? when Our chinese joker took over(Carson Yeung..known by us as Egg Foo) we were in the black...very little has been invested that wasn't ours by way of parachute payments/promotion money... Sky money and indeed the goodly wedge you are given for being in the premiership...yet we announce a  £20mill + deficit..small by these days i know...egg foo just sold shares to raise £3million which seems to have been used be to prop up another of his interests(allegedly) ...i think the parachute money will be whisked away as well..i see Foster,Johnson,Jerome and Larsson(free) all being sold..despite saying they want to stay...we shall see
West ham will sell the land they are currently on in a couple of years if they move into the new council house and expect Parker ,Upson,and others to jump ship
Your good selves i see selling Charlie Adam,plus other ship jumpers that think they are good enoughto be still in the prem and hope they give Holoway some parachute money..he has made me laugh and has been a breath of fresh air

i have just looked in the mirror and there are two of me.......then i realised i am beside myself ;)
Post by: misty on May 23, 2011, 10:33:58 AM
Welcome to our world BL  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Post by: Enişte on May 23, 2011, 11:05:02 AM
BL - sorry for my lads' involvement in your drop yesterday - of all the days for our so-called strikers to find their boots.... 
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 23, 2011, 12:57:10 PM
Hey nick..no worries...you only end up being down in the poop by being consistantly bad....mcLeish can bang on about team spirit blah blah blah...but it's skill and goals that win games...still the cup looks nice on the mantlepiece and our day out in Europe will be interesting ::)

Oh! and congratulations too any Fenerbache fans  ....

Post by: Potter on May 23, 2011, 07:04:21 PM
[/quote]

OK, so I was wrong, sorry BL. We were shocking second half, Wigan not in the game but they scored!!!!
It's no consolation to you mate but we blew our season in the last 3 games  >:( You got a trophy.
At least we have the Europa League to look forward to ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal