Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: bevnneb on January 13, 2011, 06:59:19 PM

Title: kalkan beach
Post by: bevnneb on January 13, 2011, 06:59:19 PM
hi we were wondering what people think of the beach at kalkan. we are not really pool people as we prefer the beach. we will visit patara beach while we are there as it sounds lovely but we will want to use the local beach more often than not.also can anyone recommend any good areas for snorkelling.
bev
Title: Re: kalkan beach
Post by: Mayday1 on January 13, 2011, 07:55:00 PM
Hi,with regard to the local beach in Kalkan,i would say the following.It is a pebble beach,not sand.It gently shelves into the sea,so i would say it is safe for children provided they are supervised.Sun loungers and parasols are provided for a low cost but i dont think that cushions are provided. The beach never seems to get too busy which is a good thing.
Another good thing about the beach is the close proximity to bars/restaurants.Another fabulous beach to consider is Kaputas beach,which is on the Kas road,only about ten minutes out of Kalkan by car/taxi/Dolmus.
Post by: itstime on January 13, 2011, 07:55:31 PM
Hi Bev if you type in beach in the search facility you will see dozens of posts about the beach and the beach clubs in Kalkan.
Personally I love the local pebble beach and happily spend hours and hours there :)
Post by: bevnneb on January 13, 2011, 09:33:50 PM
hi thanks for your replies about the beach,really looking forward to spending plenty of time there.
bev
Post by: Roxie on January 14, 2011, 11:37:02 AM
Hi Bev,
We hve done a bit of snorkelling at the beach clubs. Kalamar has a dive school. Lovely clear water.
Rx
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal