Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: Chucky on October 31, 2010, 04:56:06 PM

Title: I pod help needed
Post by: Chucky on October 31, 2010, 04:56:06 PM
I have been trying to import some music on to my ipod today........the first time for yonks,but it no longer shows the music already held on it.
We got a new laptop and apparently my ipod is only recognised by our old, dead and buried laptop.
Any ideas on how to get the music from my i pod on to my new laptop?
Thanks
Joan
Title: Re: I pod help needed
Post by: lorilou on October 31, 2010, 05:43:22 PM
Hi Joan. Can't help directly, but there's a great support feature on the apple website ... I usually find an answer there. It's definitely doable. Just can't remember how... It must have been easy though or i wouldnt have been able to do it. Good luck!
Post by: fidimax on October 31, 2010, 05:52:55 PM
I use my windows player to do it Joan,you might have to re,sync it .    ;)
Post by: Em1 on October 31, 2010, 06:57:58 PM
Hi
As far as my knowledge goes, you will have to put all your music on your new laptop and then sync it to that. I had to do this last year, and it took quite a long time.
I have now put all of my music and Itunes on an external drive so I wont have this problem again.
Em
Post by: Chucky on October 31, 2010, 07:43:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions
Problem is Em, I no longer have most of the music as stupidly, I did not know about this "mono" computer rule and got rid of most of my CD's when we moved. I would/should have backed them up but there you go......you live and learn.
Do I need to uninstall i tunes and or set windows as the default?
Any other suggestions gratefully received.
Post by: alantj on October 31, 2010, 08:59:25 PM
Joan,

As long as you have not deleted the music of your iPod you should be able to recover it using a program that will let you break apple's DRM, the following is the one I use:

http://www.ipod2computer.com/index.php?SRC=1

There are lots of others but this one lets you try the full program for free, limited to recovering your tracks one at a time, if it works you can buy the program and recover everything automatically.

For anyone else it is a good way of making backups of your ipod music without all the hassle of apples resync.
Post by: Roxie on November 01, 2010, 10:41:36 AM
Hi,
From memory,not great, I downloaded the new I Tunes to my new computer. I plugged my I Pod in and it sync'd it straight away. It took a few hours to download, but there were quite a lot of songs on it.
Rx
Post by: Brooksie on November 01, 2010, 03:57:59 PM
Hi Joan
This one works for both Mac and Windows. You can retrieve your music from your IPod back to ITunes on your new machine.
http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/ (http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/)
Post by: Chucky on November 01, 2010, 08:48:28 PM
Thank you all very much. I will try and let you know. Fingers crossed   :)
Post by: yarmites on February 15, 2011, 05:08:03 PM
Hi Joan, did you ever put the music back on to your ipod?  I have the same problem and would love to know if you managed to do this, and how.  Thanks.
Post by: Chucky on February 15, 2011, 09:09:40 PM
No not yet, the free one was a bit of a con, you could only do it one track at a time and that would take for ever and you had to pay to upgrade, plus it was not too clear as to what it actually did. I would still like help and advice so if anyone has actually done this and can recommend a trusted site, please let me know.
Post by: misty on February 15, 2011, 09:13:46 PM
Joan do what I do, get my 14 year old son to do it all for me  :D :D :D
Post by: Chucky on February 15, 2011, 09:16:33 PM
Send him round, he can show my 5yr old granddaughter and we can go to the pub.  :laugh:
Post by: misty on February 15, 2011, 09:19:05 PM

Ha ha ha very good...they could sort my laptops out as well.... ;D ;D
Post by: Chucky on February 15, 2011, 09:51:10 PM
And we could go to the pub!!! Result
Post by: alantj on February 15, 2011, 10:55:31 PM
Yarmites

You can buy a very easy to use bit of software at  http://www.ipod2computer.com/index.php?SRC=1

It lets you try the full program for free, limited to recovering your tracks one at a time. If it works you can buy the program and recover everything automatically to your new itunes account.

Joan,

If this is the one you are referring to, its definitely not a con, I have used it several times now and it has always worked perfectly. 

Regards

Alan
Post by: Roxie on February 16, 2011, 09:17:40 AM
Hi,
There is an article in this week's Sunday Times, In Gear supplement re. moving your I Tunes Library. It takes you through step by step. Looks like you can move it all together.
Rx
Post by: kalkanfan on February 16, 2011, 09:52:04 AM
Joan

I used the software that Brooksie mentioned above.  You do have to pay for it but it was simple to use and worked perfectly.
Post by: Chucky on February 16, 2011, 05:49:35 PM
Thanks for this everyone,
I will set some time to one side in the next week or so and try and get it sorted.
Post by: misty on February 16, 2011, 06:09:10 PM
There you go Joan your Lonnie Donigan collection is safe  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Post by: yarmites on February 16, 2011, 06:42:16 PM
Yes, thank you.
Post by: Chucky on February 16, 2011, 08:48:06 PM
How did you know my old man's a dustman?
Does your chewing gum lose it's  flavour on the bedpost overnight?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal