Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: sally on October 28, 2010, 12:49:37 PM

Title: Road maps of Turkey.
Post by: sally on October 28, 2010, 12:49:37 PM
I've just booked our flights for next September  :)

This year we'd like to hire a car at Dalaman & take off exploring for our two weeks. Looking at a range of places between Bodrum & Kas & I wondered if any one could recommend any good road maps, please.
Title: Re: Road maps of Turkey.
Post by: Pete on October 28, 2010, 01:26:13 PM
We did the same journey about five years ago. I tried to find a good road map in the UK, all I managed to find was a map that covered the whole of western Turkey, so it was to quite a large scale. It did show the main roads, but as the D400 goes all the way, it was a very easy journey and we did not actually need the map!!
What I have found useful is google maps on the computer. You can zoom in and out as you like and see all the roads, so planning an itinerary is easy, I've actually printed off the relevent sections and taken them with me!!
I think your best bet for a map would be to look on the internet.
Post by: sally on October 28, 2010, 01:42:49 PM
I'm hoping to go off the beaten track a bit & not just stick the places on the D400.

Good idea about google maps though!
Post by: whiteonyx on October 28, 2010, 03:53:12 PM
most of the petrol garages have some very good maps, most of them are free and have some great detail.
Couple of years ago i got six large fold up maps in a pack covering most of Turkey given away free from the Kalkan petrol station.
Post by: sally on October 28, 2010, 04:19:19 PM
Thanks for that, WhiteOnyx.

If anyone is in Kalkan & could get me a free map or maps from a petrol station, I'd be quite happy to send them the postage if they'd send them when they get back. Please pm for my address.

I'd just love to sit looking at the maps, planning the journey!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal