Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: annawiththebanner on September 07, 2010, 10:09:35 AM

Title: british driving licence
Post by: annawiththebanner on September 07, 2010, 10:09:35 AM
Thank you for all your replies re boats to Kaputas beach. If we decide to hire a car to venture out of beautiful Kalkan will our British paper licences suffice or do we need a photo licence??
Not long now(3 weeks) and should have thought of this earlier as not sure if I can rely on DVLA to get a new licence back in time for our long awaited return to Kalkan.
Title: Re: british driving licence
Post by: Kalkan regular on September 07, 2010, 11:18:09 AM
My husband has used an old paper licence for years with no problems.
Post by: littlelin on September 07, 2010, 04:50:23 PM
My husbands paper licence is stuck together with sellotape but hasn't had a problem. He was going to replace his with a photo one but they only last 10 years and then you have renew the photo at a cost of £20 (at the moment) so he's not going to bother.
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 07, 2010, 05:31:26 PM
If you have the new European licence then you need both parts, the old licence on its own is still valid, unless the holder is over 70. Licence fees are hideous these days - £17.50 when it expires (although its a lot cheaper than a passport, I suppose..) and for young people who are getting their first provisional licence - a whopping £50!
Money for old rope >:(
Post by: baclava on September 09, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
The police have checked my paper licence at various road blocks, and seemed to be satisfied. Good job as I don't have a plastic one.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal