Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: clara 50 on August 16, 2010, 08:51:21 PM

Title: Cappadocia.
Post by: clara 50 on August 16, 2010, 08:51:21 PM
Can anyone one tell me where Cappadocia is, and approx how far from Kalkan. Is it worth a visit? Thanks!
Title: Re: Cappadocia.
Post by: Chucky on August 16, 2010, 09:01:37 PM
It is a 12 hour drive from Kalkan!!.
If you use the search facility you will find some threads about Cappadocia and there are some great pictures in the Gallery.
Post by: clara 50 on August 17, 2010, 03:29:01 PM
Thanks JoanH. I was looking at those great photos in the gallery and quite liked the look of the place, very unusual. Think it's a bit far to travel really, don't think our old posteriors could handle travelling for that sort of distance in our extremely bumpy rented jeep  :o. Cheers!
Post by: Charlie on August 17, 2010, 09:03:52 PM
Hi Clara50,  type Cappadocia into the serach button above.  M & M arrange 3/4 day trips from Kalkan.  Unfortunately I haven't been yet but reading the reports from those who have it's definitely worth doing and certainly in my plans for the future.
Post by: lorilou on August 18, 2010, 10:22:54 AM
Hi
I saw the images of Cappadocia on the front of one of the guide books last year and was enchanted - so i asked the lady at Tapestry, who first suggested Kalkan to us last year. She had made a recent trip there, as her company has decided to add it to their 'collection" .... she thought it was breathtaking, and highly recommended it - however said that due to the distance from Kalkan it would be better to combine it with an Istanbul trip ... 3 weeks next year then. Better start saving!
Forget how huge Turkey is ...
Post by: clara 50 on August 18, 2010, 03:04:01 PM
Thanks everyone, some great advice as usual!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal