Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: skauser on August 05, 2010, 07:40:59 PM

Title: 1st timers
Post by: skauser on August 05, 2010, 07:40:59 PM
Hi there
I will be coming to kalkan in a few weeks time and wanted my mind put at rest. When walking past the restaurants and bars do they pester you to try and get you to go in. Having experienced this in other parts of the world, my other half gets very annoyed with it and I wanted this to be a nice relaxing holiday.
Many thanks
Skauser
Title: Re: 1st timers
Post by: Babs on August 05, 2010, 08:14:46 PM
you will be 'invited' to look at menus but you won't be pestered, a polite smile and a no thanks if you are not interested will be greeted with a friendly smile back......have a great holiday
Post by: headroom on August 05, 2010, 08:19:01 PM
Hi Scauser, whilst walking thru' town the greeters will ask you to look at their menus, they obviously want your business, there is lots of competition, but Kalkan generally operates a "no hassle" policy, we have found that if you put your hand to your chest, dip your head slightly and say 'no thank you' they will respect that and bid you a good night. Please repect the fact that they are just doing a job, walking past and ignoring them is just rude and unnecessary.
Post by: frangaz16 on August 05, 2010, 08:36:55 PM
Hi Scauser,
I agree with the other replies you have had.  Most of the Matre D's will ask you to take a look at their menu boards but they do not take offence when you do not use their restaurants.  Also the restaurants will endeavour to accommodate any special dietary requirements if needed. If it makes you feel better just say "we have just eaten thank you" and they will then reply "maybe next time" smile and let you go on your way. There are a lot of restaurants to visit and some are better and cheaper than others, so shop around if on a tight budget. The Cafe Del Mar is a wonderful coffee house and the Apple Pie is to die for and I must admit I did over indulge during our stay in June, but the walk up the slopes soon worked off those extra pounds.  Enjoy your holiday and don't let eating out spoil your trip. Kalkan is a very relaxed place so enjoy.
Fran
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 06, 2010, 08:12:27 AM
We generally say "no thank you we have eaten already"..they aren't a problem ;)
Post by: The Engineer on August 06, 2010, 08:24:37 AM
I agree with all the above, we took friends last year who had been to other parts of Turkey and they were amazed how relaxed and friendly the Matre D's are. We usually say we are booked in at another \Restaurant (which is usually true) and they just come back with a friendly "maybe next time" no hassle.

M
Post by: skauser on August 06, 2010, 09:37:58 AM
Many thanks for all your comments, you have put my mind at rest. I'm counting the days already, really enjoying reading the posts on here finding them very useful. ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal