Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Enişte on August 04, 2010, 12:32:40 PM

Title: NEW KALKAN TAXI PRICES
Post by: Enişte on August 04, 2010, 12:32:40 PM
http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/89954-news-from-kalkan-taxis (http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/89954-news-from-kalkan-taxis)

Not sure I understand how these new rates tally with local taxi journeys.  Four people travelling to KaputaÅŸ would pay just 2TL each, so why would the same number travelling up to even the nearest part of KızıltaÅŸ probably pay 10-12TL for a far shorter journey?  Any thoughts?
Title: Re: NEW KALKAN TAXI PRICES
Post by: kevincat99 on August 04, 2010, 02:33:36 PM
Yes - they must be wrong one would assume
As you say one person can get to Kalamar Beach club for 14 TL but it costs four people only 8TL to Kaputas - totally illogical
However it seems that Kalamar and Kisla now have a dolmus service 3 times a day
Is anyone aware of this and when does it run??
These journeys always used to be taxis only as mainly foreigners lived in these areas who were a lucrative source of income
Post by: Rockykalamar on August 04, 2010, 02:36:32 PM
A Dolmus service would be great, even three times a day! I must check it out on Friday. :)
Post by: baklavabuddy on August 04, 2010, 02:41:31 PM
I spied a dolmus on Kalamar Road and thought my eyes were deceiving me! Does anyone have more details please?

BB
Post by: Rockykalamar on August 04, 2010, 02:46:08 PM
A Dolmus on the Kalamar Road... Now i'm getting excited!!! :laugh:
Post by: kevincat99 on August 04, 2010, 02:48:17 PM
No Baklavabuddy your eyes were perfect    :o   - we were in Cafe Vita on Tuesday morning and this dolmus passed slowly by and beeped for customers as they do
It was beautifuly sign written with all its destinations e.g. Kalamar , Kisla, Akbel etc and a board in the front window with Kalamar on it
So now we need to know it's timetable etc and who operates it??
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 04, 2010, 02:53:19 PM
How long before the Taxi driver uprising? :o
Post by: Lancs lass on August 04, 2010, 02:56:05 PM
So new prices (if my maths are right) would mean for four people return to Patara is 32TL in taxi, but dolmus is 10TL p.p. so 40TL. Never thought I'd be thinking Kalkan taxis were 'cheap'!!
Post by: Rockykalamar on August 04, 2010, 03:01:56 PM
Oh dear! I forgot about the taxiosa! Perhaps the Dolmus should be in disguise! Camel or something! 8)
Post by: Bdancer on August 04, 2010, 04:00:27 PM
Looking forward to hearing what the timetable is, even if its infequent its still a welcome edition to things.

Isis
Post by: BlackSnake on August 04, 2010, 08:58:42 PM
Does the dolmus go via the bus station? :o
Post by: Charlie on August 04, 2010, 10:15:46 PM
Update tomorrow morning on the dolmus service on KTLN website.
Post by: Elee on August 10, 2010, 08:30:25 AM
Please beware of these new taxi prices! They will charge 8 YTL to get to Patara but the return journey is 30YTL!!!
Post by: Lancs lass on August 10, 2010, 08:34:45 AM
Hi Elee. I take it you are talking from experience?  :o
Thought it sounded too good to be true, taxis cheaper than the dolmus, thanks for the warning!
Post by: Elee on August 10, 2010, 09:33:11 AM
Hi Lancs lass
Some guests staying in our apartment complex experienced this 3 days ago. We were also warned about this from Huseyin at Guru's place. (Same with trips to Kaputas - 2 YTL to get there, 20 YTL for the return).
Post by: Sulwath on September 04, 2010, 06:44:02 PM
Hi We have never been to Turkey before and have just booked a villa in Kisla for May 2011 and reading this thread am now a bit worried.
We wanted somewhere quiet but be able to  reach some where busy easily, Kisla and Kalkan looked perfect.
If taxis are expensive and the dolmas (are these buses) infrequent, have we made a mistake?
I heard there were free ferries but can't find anything about them and if there are some how often are they and when do they start and stop running?
Post by: Chucky on September 04, 2010, 07:53:08 PM
This maybe of help to you .
http://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php/topic,2179.msg45542.html#msg45542

Post by: Sulwath on September 05, 2010, 08:33:24 AM
Thanks for the link. Found it quite useful.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal