Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Evadee on July 30, 2010, 07:16:01 PM

Title: market day?
Post by: Evadee on July 30, 2010, 07:16:01 PM
Can someone please confirm which day of the week the market is on?

I thought I read somewhere that it is a Thursday?......

many thanks  ;D
Title: Re: market day?
Post by: headroom on July 30, 2010, 07:39:23 PM
Yes Thursday in Kalkan, Friday in Kas.
Post by: Evadee on July 30, 2010, 08:49:36 PM
Thanks for confirming headroom. We currently have a cruise booked for that day so will try to rearrange....
Post by: headroom on July 30, 2010, 09:11:01 PM
if you could get to Fethiye on Tuesday you would find a much bigger market & a much bigger experience.
Post by: Evadee on July 30, 2010, 10:14:10 PM
Ok, how far away is Fethiye? I presume you can catch a bus there or something?  Not too sure that I would want to go to a bigger market though (hubby not too keen on shopping ::) )
Not a real big shopper myself to be honest, just heard about the market and didn't want to miss out as we are only there for 1 week.
thanks for your help  :)
Post by: itstime on July 30, 2010, 10:41:03 PM
Fethiye is about an hour and a half from Kalkan by bus. Market is definitely much bigger but if neither of you are keen on shopping I'd probably give it a miss ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 31, 2010, 09:15:19 AM
the market in Fethiye is about 10 minute walk from the bus station - although sometimes there's a free bus that goes from the bus station to the centre of Fethiye. Its 10tl each way from Kalkan if you decide to go.
Post by: Evadee on July 31, 2010, 09:28:36 AM
Many thanks for all the information from everyone.

I have rescheduled out Gulet trip for the Friday now so we will just go to the market in Kalkan on  the Thursday.  We are only there for 1 week so I think going to Fethiye would take up too much of our time.

Want to just enjoy Kalkan really seeing as it's our first visit.

thanks again everyone  ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal