Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Politics & Debate => Topic started by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 27, 2010, 07:43:36 AM

Title: Cameron will fight to let Turkey Join EU
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 27, 2010, 07:43:36 AM
Just in case people have not seen this

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/David-Cameron-Turkey-Visit-Prime-Minister-To-Back-Countrys-Bid-To-Join-European-Union/Article/201007415671404?f=vg (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/David-Cameron-Turkey-Visit-Prime-Minister-To-Back-Countrys-Bid-To-Join-European-Union/Article/201007415671404?f=vg)

Title: Re: Cameron will fight to let Turkey Join EU
Post by: misty on July 27, 2010, 09:06:57 AM
Lets hope he fails on this one......
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 27, 2010, 11:18:01 AM
..that's a fight I'd pay to see. Will it be on Sky Box Office? Cameron V Merkel. My money would be on Angela ;D
Post by: heyho on July 27, 2010, 12:04:36 PM
At least if they join the EU we won't need to worry about residence visas and work permits anymore.....  :)
Post by: Rockykalamar on August 02, 2010, 03:13:45 PM
I was wondering if any of you have read the article by Peter Hitchens (Mail on Sunday - mail online). Whether you want Turkey to join the EU or not, this article incensed me, with its racist undertones, questionable evidence sources and journalistic sensationalism. Anyway, I'd prefer to question whether or not we want to be in the EU!
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 02, 2010, 03:46:57 PM
No! No! No!...where would i buy genuine fakes from?.....heres hoping mrs Merkel lumps DC with her handbag (a Copy of course) ;)
Post by: Rockykalamar on August 02, 2010, 03:52:24 PM
If she finds him... amongst all the thousands of Burka wearing women Hitchens reckons are in Turkey!
Post by: kim21 on August 02, 2010, 11:22:27 PM
It's not just Peter Hitchens, I think there are some member states of the EU that don't want to Turkey to join either.
 It's not easy to understand why they feel that way when Dc and the UK think it would be a good thing if Turkey were to join.
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 03, 2010, 02:04:52 PM
aaahhh the Daily Mail...the Bible of those who have no opinions of their own. Believe two things in the Daily Mail - the price and the date - everything else is "spin". It considers itself to be Britain's moral conscience but its as much a "red-top" as the rest of the tabloids.
Peter Hitchens is only one of a range bigots masquerading as a journalist for this missive...it should be sold with a health warning - "liable to raise your blood pressure"

Sorry, just jumped on the soap box, BL fell off ;D ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 03, 2010, 02:31:35 PM
OI!!!!! get your own box!! ;D
Post by: Rachey on August 03, 2010, 08:50:21 PM
K4E - I couldn't agree with you more!  The world would be a significantly better place if the Daily Mail ceased to exist!
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on August 03, 2010, 08:55:25 PM
Ha........... sooo many Guardian readers!!!  >:D
Post by: tonik1945 on August 03, 2010, 09:08:23 PM
Ha........... sooo many Guardian readers!!!  (https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/Smileys/classic/evil.gif)
[/size]
[/size]Good eh >:D >:D >:D
Rachey and K4E you are not alone :laugh: :laugh:
Post by: Enişte on August 04, 2010, 08:57:39 AM
Where would we get our news on cures for terminal diseases (possibly 15 years after the reports) without the Mail?
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 04, 2010, 10:43:08 AM
You're so right, Nick :)
GP's waiting rooms are full of the "worried well" who are suffering from Daily Mail syndrome....its costing the NHS a fortune!
BTW, Jamie not a Guardian reader either.... :P
Post by: itstime on August 04, 2010, 05:55:39 PM
simply this. The Daily Mail  >:D evil evil evil
Post by: misty on August 21, 2010, 03:11:15 PM
aaahhh the Daily Mail...the Bible of those who have no opinions of their own. Believe two things in the Daily Mail - the price and the date - everything else is "spin". It considers itself to be Britain's moral conscience but its as much a "red-top" as the rest of the tabloids.
Peter Hitchens is only one of a range bigots masquerading as a journalist for this missive...it should be sold with a health warning - "liable to raise your blood pressure"

Your not a Polytechnic Lecturer by any chance are you  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 23, 2010, 08:17:35 PM
c'mon Misty, get with the times...Polytechnics disappeared years ago ::) ::)
...and no, not a Guardian reader or lecturer...keep guessing :-*
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 24, 2010, 08:28:21 AM
Didn't Polytechnic lecturers wear corduroy jackets ,loon pants and have an afro haircut and a droopy moustache? :laugh:
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 24, 2010, 10:09:15 AM
...well I can understand how Misty could think that was me ;D ;D ;D
Think you've just described Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch there, BL :)
Post by: misty on August 25, 2010, 10:58:04 PM

I get my Mail everyday of the week dreaming of when we will see a massive shift to the right to sort this sorry country out and recover from the mess all the Daily Mirror readers have left it in.  ;) ;) ;) 

Post by: kalkan4eva on August 26, 2010, 11:23:29 AM
Quelle Surprise.. :P :P :-* :-*
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 14, 2010, 06:54:30 PM
People may be interested to read this update

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/?view=News&id=22856918 (http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/?view=News&id=22856918)

Post by: kalkan4eva on September 15, 2010, 02:17:24 PM
..interesting that 70% of those who voted in Kalkan were against the reforms (see KTLN article on this!)
Post by: kevincat99 on September 15, 2010, 06:04:59 PM
As did Istanbul and all those along the coast in the tourist areas
Why does anyone think this was
Are they maybe onto a good thing and don't want to share it with the rest of Turkey??

Post by: kalkan4eva on September 15, 2010, 06:22:07 PM
.....hmmm ::)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal