Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Living In Kalkan => Topic started by: baklavabuddy on July 15, 2010, 05:37:29 PM

Title: Buying a hammock
Post by: baklavabuddy on July 15, 2010, 05:37:29 PM
Hi everyone

I would like to buy a really nice wide hammock, and wondered where the best place would be to buy one. I have priced them on the market (large 120tl and small 110tl) but thought that was very expensive really. I want a cotton one, not one of the nylon string ones.

Thanks

BB
Title: Re: Buying a hammock
Post by: kevincat99 on July 15, 2010, 07:58:58 PM
They are 20TL in Kinik market on a Friday
Post by: baklavabuddy on July 15, 2010, 08:12:52 PM
20 lira!!! I will be down there!
Post by: mark on July 20, 2010, 04:29:06 PM
I have been looking for a Mexican hammock for my patio - these are the thin cotton weave type where you lay sideways.  A friend bought one in France and it is comfortable and seems to work well at his place, but the cheapest I have found is around £60.

Let me know how good the Kinnik one is as 20tl is such a good price it would not be such a big deal if it did not last long. 

Post by: baklavabuddy on July 20, 2010, 05:45:34 PM
I didn't get to Kinik this week but will be going soon Mark so still looking around

BB
Post by: baklavabuddy on August 13, 2010, 04:53:14 PM
Finally got to Kinik Market and what a great market it is! We had lovely frozen snow to drink. Got my bargain hammock for 25 lira; it was so good I bought 2, one a plain string one, and one coloured. Mark they only had the one sort but well worth the money!
BB
Post by: kris kadin on September 08, 2010, 04:01:44 AM
On a lighter note, be sure to wear a crash helmet when you test the hammock.  I'm wary of a lot of things you can buy in the markets at bargain prices.  There's always a down side!

A couple of years ago I went to buy an Oke set from a shop in fethiye.  My wife said I would be foolish to pay the price they were asking when you can get them cheaper in Gocek market.  So like an idiot I bought one from the market at half the price on a day trip.  I found out later that the version I bought had several pieces missing which meant I couldn't play the game! 

Some of the market traders sell you junk and faulty goods in the hope you'll be away back home before you realise it yourself.  I'm not saying hat all market traders are the same, but it pays to be cautious.
Post by: baklavabuddy on September 08, 2010, 08:00:46 AM
Haha for 25 lira it is worth the risk I think!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal