Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: lornaboon on July 14, 2010, 12:17:07 AM

Title: nationwide flex account or sterling?
Post by: lornaboon on July 14, 2010, 12:17:07 AM
we go to kalkan in 2 weeks, cant wait !!! i have been really stressing over how to take my money.
i have got a nationwide flex account but am so worried that the atm will gobble up my card and then i would be stuck or to take sterling, again worried about this as it will be alot of sterling to leave in my room safe.
if i do take sterling will they change up fiftys and do the notes have to be perfect. help anyone pleeeeese!!!!
Title: Re: nationwide flex account or sterling?
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 14, 2010, 09:29:44 AM
Don't worry about gobbly cards..iv'e been using my flex acc for years and haven't lost one yet.....if you take money and lose it you have no come back!!..at least with your card you are pin protected etc  just keep it safe when you aren't going to use it ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 14, 2010, 12:51:57 PM
I think someone on another thread suggested you only get money from ATM's attached to banks and during their opening hours, so if you card does get swallowed for some reason, you'll be able to get it back. Also you can phone your bank and make alternative arrangements if the unexpected happens. If you have a credit card, take that with you for an emergency - we do and never use it. BH doesn't let me take it out of a night in case I make gin-induced purchases ;D ;D
We've changed £50 notes in the PTT.
I don't stress about the money side of things, I get more stressed that I can't fit the kitchen sink in my suitcase ;D ;D
Post by: lornaboon on July 14, 2010, 03:52:00 PM
thanks for your advice, im going to sound really stupid but will i really be able to get my card back if its gobbled up if i use atm attached to a bank?
are there atms attached to banks in kalkan?
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 14, 2010, 04:52:43 PM
Unless your bank is withdrawring the card - which is a drastic measure and usually reserved for people taking money out they don't have - and your card has been withheld due to an ATM malfunction, then the bank would be able to give it back to you. Most of the banks are situated up near Yali Complex, on the way to the market, but Yapi is closer to town, under the Samira. There are a couple of stand alone ATM's in town, just avoid them. I'm pretty sure one of the forum members had their card taken at Yapi - try searching Yapi Kredi using the search function above and see if you can find the post - but the good news for you is they got it back ;D
Post by: Alfaman on July 14, 2010, 06:32:30 PM
If you do take credit cards, don't forget to give them a call to let them know when and where you will be out of the country - I recently got a reminder from one of my cards to do so or they could block it as a suspicious transaction.
Post by: Chucky on July 14, 2010, 08:48:13 PM
Lornaboon, don't forget to check out the General Hints and Info section on the First time in Kalkan Section
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal