Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: antler on July 08, 2010, 09:24:27 PM

Title: Just one week to go...
Post by: antler on July 08, 2010, 09:24:27 PM
So looking forward to getting back to Kalkan.....

Have booked Table 31 at Musakka for our first night; I know, I know, creatures of habit, but I just can't resist their Seafood Paella......

Have worked really hard to get back into the 35" shorts, and I must admit, they feel really good  - and I think, they look really good, but the light was off!

It was good to have a business trip to Turkey this week - Izmir & Istanbul - to wet my appetite; but the Kofte in Istanbul was nothing like the Kofte at the Mediteran in Kalkan.

Bring it on!

Cheers,

Antler

Title: Re: Just one week to go...
Post by: turkeyfan on July 09, 2010, 10:00:19 AM
Antler, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who cant wait for you to go on holiday and post some of your fabulous reports.

Have a great time!  ;D
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 09, 2010, 05:35:07 PM
Yes, have to agree with turkeyfan on this. Really looking forward to your eloquent holiday reports, and finding out what its like for you second time around.
Post by: Rachey on July 09, 2010, 07:35:49 PM
Ditto - your reports are great to keep us all going until we can return to Kalkan ourselves  :D
Post by: HolmfirthNicky on July 09, 2010, 07:55:36 PM
Hi Antler, look forward to reading your review, not at all jealous that you've booked for Mussaka!!!
Post by: antler on July 09, 2010, 08:18:12 PM
Wow, thank you!  You are all very kind with the words. I'd better repay you with some live pics, if only I can work out how to load them up (Ollie did last years when we got back).

I had a taster of Turkey this week, when in Izmir & Istanbul on business. I know I was in airport hotels etc etc, but in the UK, Thomas Cook were exchanging TL 2.06 to the GBPat the airport, and (even) the business hotels in Turkey as much as TL2.36:GBP.  I make that around 15% better in Turkey - quite a bit, eh?

Also, the wine: Angora Red, TL 60 in the Wow! Hotel nr Istanbul Airport was the cheapest, and the next least expensive was (I think) one called Majestic (?) at TL 120.

Hopefully, the Turkish shave will still be around TL10 for 15 minutes of paradise!

cheers

Antler

Post by: dancing ninja on July 10, 2010, 05:29:19 PM
Antler could you let me know the telephone no for Mussaka restaurant, as we also would like to eat there on our first night in August .I am also looking forward to your wonderful reports - enjoy .
Post by: antler on July 10, 2010, 06:33:50 PM
I believe Mussaka restaurant Telephone No is +90-242 -8441576

Enjoy!

Antler
Post by: Amndwr on July 18, 2010, 08:15:44 PM
Its good to read that they do Paella for one - yummy - can;t wait til August!!   ^-^
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal