Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: emperor789 on June 27, 2010, 06:40:34 PM

Title: the walk from kalamar
Post by: emperor789 on June 27, 2010, 06:40:34 PM
I know this sort of question gets asked alot but we're staying in a villa at the top of kalamar bay. What do you think about the walk into Kalkan? Is it a long way or just a stroll? Roughly how far is it? The villa info says it isn't a hilly walk like some other properties so isn't so bad. Any thoughts would be welcome. I think we're just about at the end of kalamar road it seems like if this is any help!!
Thanks
Phil
Title: Re: the walk from kalamar
Post by: Begonvil on June 27, 2010, 07:15:44 PM
Hi the walk should take you about 20Min's and its not that bad! we do it twice a day during our stay.
You can also stop off for a drink along the way. On the way back only one incline and this is by the Lizo hotel.
Look on the plus side it keeps you fit!!!!
Post by: magic3 on June 28, 2010, 10:11:15 PM
We have a house just behind the beach club in Kalamar and though the hill is steep to get out of Kalamar (great for the thighs!) I agree the walk from the top of the hill is fine into Kalkan. Taxis are still pretty reasonable and if your self-catering you can always get a lift back with all your shopping. Hope you have a lovely holiday.
Post by: popps on June 29, 2010, 10:01:20 AM
Hi Phil,
The walk takes around 20 minutes. My 9 year-old son and I stayed at the Happy Hotel in Kalamar last August and we walked into the village and back every day. No particularly arduous inclines. Good places to stop off for a drink en route are Pasha and Cafe Vita.
Post by: emperor789 on June 29, 2010, 06:54:42 PM
Thanks to all, really looking forward to going now (39 days to go but who's counting!!)
Phil ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal