Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: headroom on June 22, 2010, 11:25:25 AM

Title: Istanbul and Iso's
Post by: headroom on June 22, 2010, 11:25:25 AM
I recently read with sadness someone's report on their experience at Istanbul restaurant, we have been to Kalkan 18 times over the past 5 years and first found Verdat when he opened on the side street down from Sofra, we were a little sad that he moved from there to Zinbad and subsequently to near Ak Deniz, but I can honestly say we have never been disappointed with his warmth, hospitality, service or food. We ate there a couple of times during our stay (we came home yesterday, 21st) and felt I just had to post to attempt to redress the balance, I appreciate that one can only comment on their own experience but ours was nothing short of superb.
  Another gem that people may not have discovered yet is Iso's kitchen, it is down the same street where Istanbul was originally (along from Sofra) Iso cooks brilliantly and the ambience is relaxed and comfortable, again I speak from my own view point but feel sure if you were to try it you'd go back again.
                                                                                                         afiyet olsun!
Title: Re: Istanbul and Iso's
Post by: ian on June 22, 2010, 04:10:16 PM
 :)  I posted a negative report on our experience at Istanbul, I did say that Verdat seemed a really nice man and that we hoped that we had visited on a bad night. I am glad that you report so positively as we dont wish this business any harm, but we had an awful night there! Based on your comments we may even re-visit when we are across at the end of July. I agree totally with your comments on Iso's - another really nice man who works so hard and deserves success.
Post by: AlexA on June 29, 2010, 04:38:59 PM
Hi all

I ate at Istanbul last night and it was by far the best meal we have had in Kalkan and i've eaten at all the usual places. My personal opinion is that he is the best chef in Kalkan and we were looked after so well.

I would say go and eat there as it was excellent value and the food / service was the best we have had.

The Fish Terrace also very good... Trio excellent also.... Aubergine average and over priced.

Going back to Istanbul in the next couple of days it was so good !

Post by: alantj on July 12, 2010, 11:31:55 AM
We ate at Istanbul last night and it lived up to the positive reviews here, very good food and very reasonable prices.

The house wines at 16TL were a bargain (you can sample sample them before deciding) and made a change from Angora.

Overall well worth a visit, especially if you prefer old style Turkish food to the more international offerings becoming the norm in many resuarants. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal