Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Accommodation and Hotels => Topic started by: missymoo on June 06, 2010, 10:38:41 AM

Title: HELP! Hotel is now saying it will not confirm booking for one night
Post by: missymoo on June 06, 2010, 10:38:41 AM
Hi everyone,
I am off to Kalkan in 5 weeks. It's our first time in Kalkan and is to celebrate my Mum's 60th birthday with all my family. We have a private villa booked for 7 nights and needed another night at the end of our holiday as we managed to get 8 nights with a good flight.
I used this forum to get recommendations for the villa and one nights accommodation and booked both through recommendation on here without any problem.
I originally booked the hotel accomm through booking.com. I originally contacted the hotel direct but they were a bit slow in response. They later contacted me and offered a better rate by booking direct, which I did.
On Friday I just wanted to confirm all of this again by email in the run up to the holiday and he is now saying they cannot accept the booking as it is high season. I understood all this and this is why I booked it back in Nov 2009!!
I just wanted to know has anyone else had any similar problems?? I don't want to name and shame just in case they come back with a "misunderstanding" and if not, will it be too late to book one nights accommodation anywhere else??!!  ::)
Title: Re: HELP! Hotel is now saying it will not confirm booking for one night
Post by: kevincat99 on June 06, 2010, 11:15:21 AM
You could maybe try the Kalkan Park on the Kalamar Road near to the Elixer Otel
It's a sort of motel and does short stays
Post by: baklavabuddy on June 06, 2010, 12:46:16 PM
How many people?
Post by: baclava on June 06, 2010, 09:28:03 PM
When I walked past the Kalkan Park hotel the other day it hadn't opened.
Post by: Cuddles on June 08, 2010, 06:13:50 PM
Try Kelebek next to Jandarma, advertising room B&B for 50tl per room per night for 2 people.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal