Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: jayne on May 12, 2010, 07:55:26 PM

Title: Private catering suggestions
Post by: jayne on May 12, 2010, 07:55:26 PM
Hi

It's my husband's 50th Birthday while we are in Kalkan in June and we've managed to persuade 10 friends to join us to celebrate. We are all staying at the While Lodge in Kömürlük (fingers crossed road diggers will have departed by then) and would really like to have a catered Turkish BBQ at the villa. Does anyone have any recommendations of who might do this kind of thing?
Title: Re: Private catering suggestions
Post by: KC on May 12, 2010, 08:15:43 PM
Have a look at www.kalkanconcierge.com (http://www.kalkanconcierge.com). They prepare, cook and tidy up afterwards too!
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 12, 2010, 08:57:02 PM
KC

I think it would have been more appropriate if you mentioned your affiliation with this business as per your registered email address.

Post by: baklavabuddy on May 12, 2010, 09:22:26 PM
mind you John the name KC kind of gives it away ;D
Post by: turkeyfan on May 12, 2010, 11:06:37 PM
We're having a party at our apartment in a few weeks and Baharat restaurant are making the food for us.  We are having meze, and a couple of hot dishes, salad and rice but they may do BBQ's too.  We're catering for 40 people so it is probably too many for a barby so that's why we went for hot food.   

You can contact them at info@baharatrestaurant.com or on 0090 242 844 39 76
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 13, 2010, 12:52:57 PM
Jayne, you have chosen an amazing villa. Halit took us round there when it was completed a couple of years ago. The views are truly stunning and there's every conceivable "mod-con" - including a white baby grand piano (if its still there..) Enjoy!
Post by: seventhheaven on May 13, 2010, 03:29:49 PM
Hi, we just stayed at Regency hotel but went to a wonderful wedding at a villa near the White House I believe.  Fez restaurant did the catering and it was great.  We had a meal at the restaurant in the day and then they catered a bbq at the villa in the evening.  Brought drinks, desserts etc too. Brilliant service.
Post by: jayne on May 13, 2010, 04:11:44 PM
It sounds like I have quite a few options, fantastic, thanks for all your suggestions. We are getting very, very excited about our trip. We had look round the villa when it was first built, it's incredible. Piano will see some action too as we have a musician amongst us.  :)
Post by: Rosie on May 14, 2010, 11:02:35 PM
You could try having a chat with Jimmy the restaurant manager of Lykia Residence and Spa. Jimmy was the Maitre d' at Gironda the restaurant which Halit owned and ran. As mentioned in an earlier posting here, Halit built the White House for his client and consequently organised the opening night with Jimmy in charge. Jimmy has done loads of catering there and at other villas whilst working at Gironda, he also organised a fabulous wedding reception with beautiful decorations and food at Gironda. He has good taste and has creative ideas.
I'm sure he'd be delighted to assist. You can contact him by email jimmyvolkan@hotmail.com
Good luck and have a fab day!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal