Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: FrancisDonald on May 12, 2010, 10:03:29 AM

Title: Nationwide Flex Account
Post by: FrancisDonald on May 12, 2010, 10:03:29 AM
I know that lots of you have one of these that you use whilst on holiday in Kalakn & I am thinking of opening one but have two questions for you:

1. Do you get a good rate of exchange?

2. Has anyone used one in the USA and do they work there (am thinking specifically of California & West Coast).

I did ask the latter question in Nationwide this morning but didn''t get a satisfactory answer & can''t face the inevitable hold/pushbuttons that''ll happen if I phone.

Thanks in advance!
Title: Re: Nationwide Flex Account
Post by: Johnjen on May 12, 2010, 01:48:46 PM
The rate of exchange is not far short of the official rate.It is not a loaded rate (15-20%)as credit card or main st bank cards.Also there is no charge for withdrawals within europe(Turkey is classes as europe by Nationwide).About £1.50 with other cards.You will pay a withdrawal charge in the US though.I got one purely for travel & have used it for a number of years in Kalkan & elsewhere in Europe.Reckon I have saved quite a bit over the years.  
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 12, 2010, 02:09:47 PM
Francis, if you're looking for a card that doesn't charge for ATM withdrawrals wherever you are in the world, than have a look at the Santander Zero account. We've just switched to it, so don't know what the exchange rate is like yet - but in Kalkan next week (ash clouds permitting ::) ) so will know when we get back. We are going to the US later in the year and wanted a debit card that wouldn't charge us there either.
Post by: PACHSU on July 08, 2010, 11:08:57 PM
The Nationwide Flex account is the way to go.

Very handy and in the long run saves you a lot of wonga.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal