Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Cosetta on May 10, 2010, 04:21:47 PM

Title: importing a new mobile phone
Post by: Cosetta on May 10, 2010, 04:21:47 PM
I bought in Spain a cell phone that I must now register / import before Turkcell closes it.  It used to be that one had to take the phone and invoice to a Turkcell Extra shop.  Is this still the case?  Is there now a Turkcell Extra shop in Fethiye (before the closest was Antalya or Mugla)?

Thanks for any info.
Title: Re: importing a new mobile phone
Post by: KalkanPosh on May 10, 2010, 08:29:19 PM
I brought an iphone for my Turkish OH and he took a passport with a UK visa in it to the Turkcell office in Fethiye to prove that he had been out of the country.They didn't want to see the invoice.
Post by: kevincat99 on May 11, 2010, 07:05:12 AM
Hi Cossetta last one that I did you need Residency  + the phone + a Turkish SIM card +  5TL and they registered it in the Fethiye Turkcell shop.
As with anything here, take everything you have and hope that somewhere amongst it is what you need :D

Post by: clooneyrooney on May 18, 2010, 06:22:55 PM
Where is the Turkcell shop in Fethiye ??? I've seen a lot of mobile phone shops in Fethiye .... does it have to be a particular one ?

Post by: kevincat99 on May 19, 2010, 10:14:35 AM
Enter Fethiye town centre by the main road
PTT n your right - next is Carrefour also on your right
Just after this the road divides - take the left hand fork [ you are now enetring the one way system going back out of town
you will pass BEKO - Arcelik - Vestel etc on you left and the Turkcell shop is just past them also on your left
Large blue / yellow Turkcell facia outsice
Post by: clooneyrooney on May 19, 2010, 08:34:42 PM
Thanks kevincat99 I shall go there and sort my mobile out when we are back in Kalkan in June.  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal