Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: hel66 on May 09, 2010, 05:22:23 PM

Title: Any chance for the mankies
Post by: hel66 on May 09, 2010, 05:22:23 PM
???????????????????
Title: Re: Any chance for the mankies
Post by: fidimax on May 09, 2010, 06:05:19 PM
If you mean Manchester utd ,why dont you say so.
if you didnt know there are two teams in Manchester and none of them are manky !!!!!!!   ::) :-X ???
Post by: fidimax on May 09, 2010, 06:08:14 PM
but no,Ch***** have done it and deserved it,roll on the world cup !  ;D
Post by: hel66 on May 09, 2010, 06:11:26 PM
Sorry Fidimax, but 'The mankies' is a nickname for Manchester Utd,
Anyway my OH is also not in a good mood after todays results, I don't know what all the fuss is about myself, does it really matter who wins, I always tell mine it's the taking part thats important not the winning
Post by: fidimax on May 09, 2010, 06:25:42 PM
Its only a nickname if you are not from m/chester,other wise its a insult,a bit like sh*** sh***** if you are from wales or yorkshire.
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on May 09, 2010, 07:34:21 PM
Hey Fidi,

I'm from Yorkshire and your welcolme to call me whatever u like................. At the end of day, the Mankies won jack!!!!! And, i, as a Leeds UTD fan. am deleriously happy about it!!!!
 ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 09, 2010, 07:59:02 PM
Regulars on here will know me as a Brum fan...i have nothing but admiration for Man Utd..aren't they what all prem clubs aspire to be like?..successful over a long period of time ... large trophy cabinet? world wide fan base and 75,000 packed houses?...if only my team were like that :P
Post by: fidimax on May 09, 2010, 07:59:29 PM
Hiya J N k,Im not a red or a blue,Im not from M/ch,until my post code changes again,its just the name I dont like.
I work with 3 leeds fans,and they are happy as pigs in ****,but saying that,they havent been to a leeds match since they went down,its been Rhinos this and Rhinos that,I suppose now they will be wearing the leeds utd shirts again. ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 09, 2010, 08:34:34 PM
they are only called rhinos because they can't spell the full name

rhinoserususes...... damn i give in!! :angel:
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 10, 2010, 01:47:47 PM
...I thought there was a thread for everything football ??? ...
Not that I need things to be in order, at all..honest!

I've been following football for as long as I can recall and I've never heard Manchester United called Mankies :P  Red Devils, Red Sh**! Stretford Enders and the universal term Man Yoo...but never Mankies!!
I agree with BL, although a lifelong LFC fan, you have to admire what Sir Alex has achieved with so many different Man U sides over the years. We love Shankly and Paisley, but Fergie has surpassed their haul of silverware...and some...! Just the three European Cups in our favour...just!
Post by: misty on May 10, 2010, 02:05:16 PM
Not Mankies its Manks.......I've heard this used for anyone from Manchester not just applying to football....... :) :) 
Post by: fidimax on May 10, 2010, 02:34:00 PM
got it in One Misty,who started the Mankies post anyway ?
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 10, 2010, 02:39:05 PM
 A Manc?.......going by the same reasoning who'd want to be an Arsenal supporter? :o
Post by: Enişte on May 10, 2010, 03:07:08 PM
Going by ANY reasoning, who would?
Mancs is surely short for Mancunians, right?
I was disappointed to see Leeds come back up but more positively, isn't the Prem now Yorkshire-free again?
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 10, 2010, 05:21:47 PM
...are you in a witness protection programme, Nick? ;)
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 10, 2010, 05:30:36 PM
Littlechef...?..isn't that Anthony Worral Thompson? :laugh:
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 10, 2010, 05:53:18 PM
Nooohh..he's a fat chef..and a bit up his own backside, just my opinion! The only "celebrity" to demand he speaks to his agent when the food was rationed on "I'm a Celebrity...Get me Out of Here"...stopping just short of "don't you know who I am..?"
dear, oh dear ::)
Little Chefs are in danger of becoming extinct...we should start a campaign now, because I'm bored of all the political ones :P

Post by: Blue Lizard on May 10, 2010, 06:16:40 PM
It seems in Politics you can join your votes with other partys to win....i'm glad to announce that this years Premiership winners are Birmchester United... 8) :P
Post by: Enişte on May 10, 2010, 06:40:42 PM
Hence my new user name - we are now close enough to the new road to consıder a LC franchise
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 10, 2010, 07:02:40 PM
..they'll get up a posse and hound you out of town  ;D ;D

wash your mouth out with soap and water :P :-*
Post by: hel66 on September 13, 2010, 12:24:52 AM
My OH was going crazy yesterday when I got back from shopping, apparently someone scored 2 goals right at the end and this made sir alex lose 2 points and my OH go steaming.
God he's been such a grump all evening.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal