Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: fidimax on April 19, 2010, 04:30:04 PM

Title: anything football.
Post by: fidimax on April 19, 2010, 04:30:04 PM
Ive just started a new topic,for anything to do with football.
it seems a bit daft to have a topic titled "manky,s knocked out of the cup " when most posts are about spurs,portsmouth,liverpool ect,besides that I dont like the word MANKY,S !
Title: Re: anything football.
Post by: misty on April 19, 2010, 04:44:33 PM
Well we lost to Villa yesterday but I thought we played well considering the team was made up of youngsters etc  :) :) :) :)

Still got my Wembley tickets ready to see us demolish Chelsea  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Post by: fidimax on April 19, 2010, 04:56:45 PM
What a great game yesterday,yes,you did well with the young uns,good luck with chelsea,I hope you stuff em !  ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 19, 2010, 04:59:23 PM
I tuned into the Manchester derby and thought Lee Evans was playing...after a while i realised it was  Craig Bellamy...what an annoying little squirt he is? >:D 
Post by: fidimax on April 19, 2010, 05:05:32 PM
Too true Mr lizard,he needs a good slap,but saying that,he is good at what he does,annoys the opposition and takes their mind of what they are supposed to do,but still a little S***.  ;)
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 19, 2010, 05:16:35 PM
Every time i see him his neck gets shorter.......does he head a medicine  in training? ;D
Post by: fidimax on April 19, 2010, 05:20:22 PM
Ball ?  >:D ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 19, 2010, 05:41:10 PM
Sorry i left my ball out .. :-\ 8)
Post by: fidimax on April 19, 2010, 05:45:51 PM
good job it wasnt plural.  :laugh:
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 19, 2010, 06:06:14 PM
You haven't seen my Swim shorts!! ;D ;D ;D ::)
Post by: Enişte on April 19, 2010, 06:17:47 PM
Misty - surely if we beat Chelsea and your lads beat us, you should breeze the FA Cup final.....
Post by: fidimax on April 19, 2010, 06:24:44 PM
Oh god,you havent got one of those bright green mankini things have you ?  :laugh: :laugh: :o ::) ::) >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 19, 2010, 06:54:02 PM
Good goal disallowed again against Pompey(Crouch)....wouldn't bet against Drogba etc this time >:D

No Mankini ....my legs are to short,i'd look like Stavros Flatley :P
Post by: misty on April 19, 2010, 09:47:07 PM
If only it worked like that I would be a happy man.....win or lose I'm happy we did scummers and spurs on the way  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ 

Misty - surely if we beat Chelsea and your lads beat us, you should breeze the FA Cup final.....
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 20, 2010, 08:38:15 AM
But would you swap that for Premiership survival?..always a chance that once you pay creditors with your parachute payment money and your loan players all jump ship you won't get back!!
Post by: misty on April 20, 2010, 12:26:44 PM
A couple of seasons in the Championship will do us good allow the rebuilding of the club......but knowing Pompey we will go and win that league next season  :D :D :D

I love red cabbage as well nice with a couple of pork chops and some new potatoes...... ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 20, 2010, 05:49:39 PM
If you don't do it first time (a la Newcastle) the Championship is a tough league to get out of. I feel sorry for West Brom, they're in a footballing no man's land between the Premiership and the Championship - they certainly live up to their "Boing Boing Baggies" chant.
Quite like to see Cardiff come up this year - I like Dave Jones and I thought he was treated shabbily by Southampton - but only if they finish third (don't agree with the play-offs  >:( )

Agree, Neil. mankys is a horrible word and in all my years of living in the northwest and following footaball, not a word I've heard associated with Manchester United before...sorry just posted in the thread before realising you started this one  :P
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 29, 2010, 03:06:16 PM
A big weekend for football approaches.
My money's on Chelski - don't think LFC will roll over because we don't want Man Utd to overtake us in the titles haul, more we won't be good enough to beat them - Unless Benitez takes a gamble and throws on Pacheko up front from the off....just seen a big fat pig fly past the window ;D ;D
Predict Spurs will get the last Champions League spot, but it will go down to the wire on Sunday 9th - between them and Vlla, I'd say. Sadly Hull are odds on to join Pompey and Burnley.

Its a funny old game :)
Post by: Enişte on April 29, 2010, 03:22:57 PM
Not bothered that much about the top 3, as long as Manyoo are champions, but very worried about 4th.  I'm hoping Villa can get a point (sorry, BL) at City and that my lads can get past the great entertainers of Bolton.

Aren't Hull gone already?
Post by: Enişte on April 29, 2010, 04:12:07 PM
Anyone watching Liverpool tonight and if so, where?  Please don't be offended, but I'm mainly asking about those of you in Kalkan!
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 29, 2010, 04:50:01 PM
You're right, Nick thought Hull could stay up if they win their last two games and West Ham lose their last two but the Hammers goal difference is much better - Hull would have to score about 20 goals in those fixtures or West Ham concede a similar amount without reply.

I'll be watching at Anfield ;) ...wish I was in Kalkan though - water or no water ;D  Will you not watch Fulham - or does that go against everything you hold dear? Are you considering reporting me to the moderator again? :-*
Post by: Enişte on April 29, 2010, 05:23:44 PM
Just seen on another thread that I can probably watch the Reds on one of my six terrestrial channels at home, which means I can spend the evening with my lovely wife and then use up my credits on Saturday (or perhaps put them towards my debt from last Tuesday).  I'm sorry to say it, but an all-English final would not be my choice, even though it was perfectly acceptable back in 1972 (remember Spurs v Wolves?).  I've gone for a West London v Spain final, but what do I know?  Have a great evening!

PS I am now hoping for two 12-0 Hull wins next week, even if West Ham's relegation would deprive Spurs of 6 points a season.....
Post by: Enişte on April 29, 2010, 05:55:40 PM
Just remembered - Thursday is AÅŸk-I-Memnu night, a local soap opera which moves more slowly than traffic on the M25.  3 hours of it, so I might catch the penalty shootout.....
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 29, 2010, 06:11:16 PM
Nick ..you need more than 1 telly in your house!!..i go to the spare telly room armed with beer etc....(funny how when i'm in the same room mrs L doesn't want to speak to me but as soon as i go into another shes twittering away like a hummingbird!!! >:( )
as for 4th spot?....it looks like refs have decided it's A**** Vile.. :'(
Post by: Enişte on April 29, 2010, 06:16:58 PM
You have conversation at home?....  Our one and only telly is a 14'' antique portable, but Mrs E has given me an evening pass!  Woohoo!!!

I agree with your comment about refs - we have somehow conceded 5 pennos in our last two away games, but all of them were clearer than the V*lla one on Sunday!  I wonder how many Citeh and our old keeper will get next Wednesday?  Might be worth a bit of that A-rab cash...
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 29, 2010, 06:39:58 PM
14inch Antique portable?....is it black & white?do the crowd still wear flat caps and wave hankies? is Mr Chumley Warner in the crowd? ;D ;D

Post by: Enişte on April 29, 2010, 06:54:21 PM
Yep, it even shows A***nal with English players in their team
Post by: misty on April 29, 2010, 07:01:05 PM
We can stay up as soon as I iron out the snags on the time machine  :) :) :) :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 29, 2010, 07:11:35 PM
Going by past Pompey things ..you couldn't afford to plug it in!!!! :angel: :angel:
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 29, 2010, 11:48:37 PM
Well that was thoroughly depressing.....your prediction came true, Eniste  :'( :'(  Just watched the Fulham goals - congrats to them. An all English final would have been terribly boring anyway - I spent a miserable afternoon watching Liverpool and Fulham draw a couple of weeks ago, so it would have been a turgid affair instead of a spectacle of football.
Don't have the "football on the tv" problem in our house - we both love it - athough when England plays Wales and on derby days we tend to avoid each other (BH is an EFC season ticket holder and Welsh...it really is true love :) )
Post by: Enişte on April 30, 2010, 09:46:21 AM
It was just a prediction but not necessarıily a fervent wish. I watched the Fulham game and was chuffed for them.  I will however be firmly behind Liverpool this weekend.
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 30, 2010, 10:08:19 AM
I'm touched.. :-*
Post by: fidimax on April 30, 2010, 04:53:38 PM
Ermmm,what was that song they used to sing at old trafford a few years ago,ohhhh,thats it -Diego,oh oh oh oh,Diego oh oh oh oh .

>:D >:D >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 30, 2010, 05:36:33 PM
Looks like it's Forlan on deaf ears? :P
Post by: kim21 on April 30, 2010, 05:45:25 PM
Well done Fulham what a great achievement. I'm sure we'll all look forward to you doing your best in the final. No-one expects teams like this to do well a nice surprise and change from all the big rich teams who usually get all the honours
Post by: fidimax on April 30, 2010, 05:48:45 PM
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ,good one my Blue buddy.
Post by: fidimax on April 30, 2010, 05:54:20 PM
Yep,well done Fulham,the fans must be well chuffed,this is what its all about,now go and win it.
Post by: misty on May 01, 2010, 08:38:34 PM
Well we stuffed Wolves today its an injustice when a rubbish team like that stay in the premiership  ;) ;) ;) 
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 02, 2010, 09:11:00 AM
Maybe they are rubbish because they didn't overstretch to the tune of £120 million...yet still have a prem standard ground ?   >:D
Post by: fidimax on May 02, 2010, 04:28:06 PM
As you say Misty " STAY" in the premiership !  >:D   ;D
Post by: fidimax on May 02, 2010, 04:34:37 PM
All the talk was " Liverpool wont lie down for Ch***** "
They didnt just lie down,the rolled over and had their tummy tickled,I have never seen the mickeys play so bad,and Gerard was pathetic a disgrace to the fans !
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 02, 2010, 05:47:31 PM
I think Chelsea were just too good for them ...Soloman Kalou looked dangerous every time he got the ball(green boots!!) and Drogba was his usual handful...... ;)
Post by: fidimax on May 02, 2010, 06:02:14 PM
True Mr Lizard,but I dont think CH==== broke into a sweat,it was all too easy for them,after Gerards back pass,which I dont think was a pass to Drogba,I watched him,no committment,no bottle no intrest,he was letting players run off him and not tracking back,it looked like he just didnt want to be at anfield today,like I said I think the team let the fans down,well,most of them.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 02, 2010, 06:07:26 PM
I have just watched the Man U game and witnessed the worst case of Diving iv'e seen in a long while.......Phil Bardsley got booked for it but i would  sooner see cheats off !! >:(
Post by: fidimax on May 02, 2010, 06:10:09 PM
Yep,just watched the game as well,the most blatant dive,but At least sunderland give it a go.
what about Berbatoss ?
Post by: misty on May 02, 2010, 07:26:40 PM
Maybe they are rubbish because they didn't overstretch to the tune of £120 million...yet still have a prem standard ground ?   >:D

Fair point Mr Lizard but Wolves are still cr#p  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 03, 2010, 08:10:27 PM
True Mr Lizard,but I dont think CH==== broke into a sweat,it was all too easy for them,after Gerards back pass,which I dont think was a pass to Drogba,I watched him,no committment,no bottle no intrest,he was letting players run off him and not tracking back,it looked like he just didnt want to be at anfield today,like I said I think the team let the fans down,well,most of them.
Story of our season, Neil. If rumours are to be believed, Steven Gerrard has more on his mind than a game of football. The players have seriously let the fans down this season - losing Alonso and Arbeloa does not make a team that finished second last season scrape to get in to the Europa league places this season. It doesnt make sense. Wholesale changes are required for next season, from the owners, manager and big name players. We have some great kids in the reserves - I'd play them next season - with those that are brave enough to stay.
First year I've not stayed to watch the "lap of honour" in all the years I've had my season ticket.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 04, 2010, 08:34:08 AM
As an outsider looking in, the first change has to be getting shot of the "Fat Waiter" Not a good manager,....Martin O'neil would be a good manager if you could prize him away from the vile..... ;)
Post by: Enişte on May 04, 2010, 10:38:47 AM
Forget them.  I just wish I was more confident about Wednesday's match, but I still can't believe Spurs are still involved in meaningful matches this late in the season.  Usually our mathematical chances of finishing above any of the so-called Big 4 are gone by February.  Nosebleed territory.

By the way, does anyone know what happened at Blackburn yesterday?.....
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 04, 2010, 12:44:14 PM
YES.....Arsene Wenger was moaning again!! ;D ;D
Post by: Enişte on May 04, 2010, 01:19:17 PM
So no change there, then!  How does he always have so much to complain about and yet never sees anything?  Did the nasty big Northern men play rough?  Pathetique.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 04, 2010, 01:43:51 PM
(best French accent)....EEhhaaww EEhhaaww..Le Goalie was empeeded..e culd nert gert to le ball!!......twese eet appened...they shuld do surmthink..bad ref!! :'(

(at no point during this post was the French nation intended to be insulted :P )
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 04, 2010, 01:56:51 PM
Wenger struggles under the misapprehension that everyone's out to "get" Arsenal...when actually no-one is bothered about them. He needs to get rid of that huge fritte on his shoulder so he can see the game more clearly ;D
Not sure if O'Neill, Hodgson - even Dalglish - et al are the answer for Liverpool, BL. For me, if Jose or Pep don't want the job - and why would they - I'd want Hiddink or Claude Puel (Lyon). The waiter has to go - he guaranteed us 4th place back in February and has failed to deliver - in spite of spending a shed load of money >:(
Nick, even with your injury worries, still think you'll end up with the coveted fourth spot. Should be a good game for the neutrals on Wednesday ;)
Post by: Enişte on May 04, 2010, 02:36:44 PM
I think only neutrals will enjoy it tomorrow.  I am in inner turmoil (possibly due to a dodgy market egg for breakfast).  Great to hear that Gomes is feeling better and the mighty Ledders has asked to play.  Whatever happens, we still have the ability to blow the lot on Sunday at Burnley!

Please don't take Hiddink away from Turkey!
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 04, 2010, 03:31:45 PM
Luckily for Turkey, I have no say in who will replace Benitez - more's the pity :(
Will this be three games in a row for King if he plays tomorrow - a new world record methinks? It is really only a game for neutrals to enjoy..I prescribe a lot of Efes to quell the nerves of those watching in Kalkan who have an interest in the result. Good luck! Should really want a northern team but I like Harry Redknapp and I think he's done a great jobs since taking over at Spurs
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 04, 2010, 05:27:11 PM
I should like anyone to beat a team with Craig "Lee Evans" Bellamy in it..he is an annoying little munchkin ...so it's spurs for me :angel:
Post by: fidimax on May 12, 2010, 06:59:06 PM
Good luck to Fulham,watch Diego he might just do ya !
hopefully he wont.  >:D :) ;D
Post by: kim21 on May 12, 2010, 07:06:48 PM
yes a very big cheer for Fulham tonight, it's great to have a team like that in the final, so come on Fulham and all the very best
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on May 15, 2010, 06:11:54 PM
Congratulations to Chelsea on doing the double  today.......worthy winners of the Premiership and worthy FA Cup winners.
Congratulations to Pompey too and good luck to the team and fans next season..  fingers crossed you won't do a LUFC.

To all you Liverpool fans on here... You would be lucky to get Avram Grant as your manager for next season fighting relegation with the loss of Torres and Gerrard (if the scouse mafia will let him leave with both legs intact!!) >:D

PS... a message to the MUFC fans also....... Hope you enjoyed the game?? Maybe next year you won't be unlucky enough to draw the mighty whites at Old Trafford and get stuffed in the 3rd round.... hehe!! ;D

Post by: misty on May 15, 2010, 08:44:29 PM
Just back from Wembley yes Chelsea won and we rode our luck in the first half but I don't think we were disgraced....maybe if we had scored the penalty it would have put a different spin on the game.......well its all over now so we just have to see whats in store for Pompey now......
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 16, 2010, 07:31:28 AM
Boeteng was lucky to be on the field to miss the penalty....after a spat with Ballack he went over the top on him after the ball had gone and only got booked for what is normally a straight red...lucky boy!!
Post by: misty on May 16, 2010, 10:18:23 PM
Ballack is a big girls blouse can't take a tackle like the rest of Chelsea's over paid primadonnas  :D :D :D :D   
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 17, 2010, 08:45:15 AM
Girls blouse?..your goalie wears pink kit and an Alice band :o  Never mind Misty..you don't have to play them anymore.....but somehow tuesday night in Doncaster does'nt have the same glamour about it? ;)
Post by: Enişte on May 17, 2010, 08:57:07 AM
Didn't bother with the final, but I was mildly happy to see our old boy Boateng miss a penno (yes, still a few sour grapes from the semi-final).  Good luck to Pompey with whatever comes their way, on and off the field.

More locally importantly, congratulations to Bursaspor on winning the Super Lig.  As for Fener, oh dear!
Post by: misty on May 17, 2010, 05:40:05 PM
Girls blouse?..your goalie wears pink kit and an Alice band :o  Never mind Misty..you don't have to play them anymore.....but somehow tuesday night in Doncaster does'nt have the same glamour about it? ;)

Any day or night in Doncaster would be a nightmare !!!!
Post by: alisonh on May 18, 2010, 12:09:45 AM

Any day or night in Doncaster would be a nightmare !!!!

Now, now - as a Donny girl myself I must step in and stick up for my hometown - it really isn't that bad, honest!

As for Doncaster Rovers, we have come a long way since the days of Belle Vue and relegation from the football league only a few years ago.  The new Keepmoat Stadium, Chairman John Ryan and Manager Sean O'Driscoll have brought the club back from oblivion and being at the Wembley play-off final in 2008 against Leeds United brings back such sweet memories!  Sadly though, I don't think we yet have the resources or the following to mix it with the big boys.
Post by: dylanleeds on May 18, 2010, 12:51:21 AM
We didn't need the playoffs this year Grayson what a manager. Donny did us though at wembley fair and square. promotion again next year c'mon the mighty whites LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 18, 2010, 08:34:05 AM
where are you getting the money from?.....your current squad will struggle to finish half way..the chumpionship is harder than you think ;)
Post by: dylanleeds on May 18, 2010, 11:01:58 AM
Ken Bates will rob the money from somewhere because he is a crook ;D ;D . We get over 30,000 there every week and we made a profit of £50,000 for the year. Where has the money gone ??Beckford will go for nothing. We will get some new blood in and storm the league. You read it here 1st ;)
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 18, 2010, 12:42:08 PM
wow..a profit of £50,000..that will buy shin pads for the year  :-\
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 18, 2010, 02:50:24 PM
Hoping to watch the Play off between Cardiff and Blackpool on Saturday...will it be on in the Swan, does anyone know?
Two more sleeps....
Post by: fidimax on May 18, 2010, 04:20:49 PM
I should think so K4E,call in and ask Osman,he will probably find it,if not some place will be showing it,have a Efes for me,two weeks on sunday and I will try one for myself,YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA.  :laugh: 8)
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 18, 2010, 04:36:09 PM
Haven't you had one before? 8)
Post by: fidimax on May 18, 2010, 04:55:11 PM
Nope,never had one my scaley legged buddy.

Post by: fidimax on May 18, 2010, 04:57:03 PM
One is NEVER enough !  ;D   >:D   :angel:
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 18, 2010, 06:20:21 PM
It's not just my legs that are scaley!! :'(

Post by: kalkan4eva on May 18, 2010, 06:58:00 PM
Nothing that a bit of E45 can't fix BL  ;) !!

BH is the Efes drinker..I'm more likely to be found drinking cocktails, wine or gin. So BH will have an Efes (or 6 :o ) for you Neil and I'll raise my girlie drink to EK forum buddies...in your absence! Cheers.
Still 2 more sleeps...this is dragging :(
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 18, 2010, 07:16:09 PM
Damn!!!..iv'e been using WD40.....no good for Scales but i can run like the wind.............. :laugh:
Post by: fidimax on May 22, 2010, 05:03:42 PM
There is now another pool in the prem-BLACKPOOOOOOOOOOOOOL,awsome well done .
Post by: fidimax on May 22, 2010, 05:18:45 PM
THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT,THE FUTURE IS ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!
Post by: MartynE on May 22, 2010, 05:56:05 PM
To any other Gillingham FC fans out there- don't suppose there are any -  ain't it typical that Scally has brought Hess back again? Cheap option, as usual!
Post by: misty on May 22, 2010, 06:14:08 PM
Well done to Blackpool fantastic result and good luck in the Premiership next season......Cardiff stay where they belong and should count themselves lucky to be in the Championship..... ;) ;) ;) ;) 
Post by: alantj on May 23, 2010, 10:05:07 PM
We were there, myself wife and daughter, plus brother and his children. It was a fantastic day and going behind twice made winning even more special. Hard work though the second half was pretty nerve jangling and the four minutes injury time seemed to last forever.

It still hard to believe we are up and with a team that cost only £815,000 to put together. Its so unlikely you can almost believe that England could possibly win the world cup. 
Post by: Enişte on May 24, 2010, 09:36:08 AM
Congratulations!  We watched the game in Piazza and thoroughly enjoyed it (with a Cardiff fan who at least got the consolation of a good rugby win later).  The Chumps League final was a relative let-down.  Looking forward to seeing White Hart Lane with an orange corner next season!
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 24, 2010, 01:25:09 PM
The Cardiff fan wouldn't be my little mate who comes down from akbel on his moped would it?........Keep the Prem English teams!! >:D

good luck Blackpool, you'll need it
Post by: misty on May 24, 2010, 03:25:43 PM
I agree Blackpool will come back down but good luck to them....just think of all the paracute payments.......just dont fall into the trap we did and over spend big time to try and compete with the big boys  :D :D :D :D
Post by: alantj on May 24, 2010, 05:42:28 PM
I agree staying up will be hard but Blackpool have no debts so can spend a fair amount on stregthening the team; without risking bankrupcy if they go back down.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 24, 2010, 06:32:00 PM
They also have a poor ground with championship facilities so will need to spend on that as Oysten(sp) has said...also not a very high capacity....Many of  the players will not be good enough for the premiership so expect free transfer of older players to come in for experience ..This is what McLeish did at Birmingham..plus only £10 million spent....Luckily Brum managed to keep main players after relegation so had a nucleus of a prem side......Blackpool will have to spend and wheel and deal....I wish you well and am happy it was you not cardiff...and i look forward to some classic  "Olly" Holloway sayings ;) ;D
Post by: dylanleeds on May 24, 2010, 07:02:34 PM
Glad cardiff didn't do anything in the final for 1 person PETER RISDALE. He shafted us at Leeds.Glad we got a honest man to run the club KEN BATES lol top man   ;D ;D Yeah rite
Post by: misty on May 29, 2010, 05:12:21 PM
 :) Well done Millwall look forward to playing you at Fratton Park next season
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 01, 2010, 05:51:09 PM
Well the England squad has just been announced..only real surprise is that Fabio Capello has realised Walcott isn't good enough.....But how he thinks Heskey is one of our best strikers i don't know!! he hasn't scored since February for villa and spends most of the game on the floor........PAH!! and double PAH! ^-^
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on June 01, 2010, 06:15:58 PM
I agree Lizard

I bet it was a tough call for Capello between Hesky and the Billy Bremner statue at Elland road for the 23rd place. I've seen the Billy statue move quite quickly in the wind on ocasion!!!  >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 02, 2010, 06:00:16 PM
Hoots Man!!! ...Bremner was a sweaty sock!!.... couldn't have played for England anyways!! :o :o
Post by: itstime on June 02, 2010, 07:00:34 PM
A sweaty sock :o :o :o :o
Post by: misty on June 02, 2010, 09:51:30 PM
Of course Walcott is rubbish he used to play for Southampton  :angel: :angel: :angel:
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 03, 2010, 09:19:48 AM
If we were after a sprinter that would be Ok...it all falls down when you throw a ball into the mix!! ::) ...we have SWP who is more of a threat although prone to giving the ball away like Theo..still...Looking forward to it all and getting in the mood....50 inch telly arrived so will watch finals on it..(whoever it may be)..first games am in Kalkan!! :laugh:
Post by: Enişte on June 03, 2010, 09:28:27 AM
BL, aren't we forgetting the little rocket who is most likely to start on the right?  Aaron Lennon is far faster and better on the ball than SWP and the wonderboy, who I heard described the other day as a pilotless powerboat!  Biased?  Yes!!!

Hope to meet you for a beer next week!

Nick
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 04, 2010, 03:42:18 PM
Well!! some days ago futher up this thread i asked why Heskey was included?......well it is even more stupid than i thought in the first place......the inept buffoon has just clattered Rio Ferdinand and he is out of the world cup......Nick,.......Dawson has been put on a plane to take his place so i suppose you won't be too displeased ;)

Beers?put em on ice !!
Post by: Enişte on June 04, 2010, 04:12:36 PM
I feel sorry for Ferdinand and also for Drugbust, probably the best of the African players at Africa's 1st World Cup.  If Daws does come in, we have 5 in, more than any other club.

I did read about Heskey that he was there to protect the ball and turn defenders (or their knees or ankles)! But it could have been anyone.....

Hope to see you around over the next few days.  As soon as I know the chosen venue for watching the USA match, I'll post on here.  Always available for evening training beers before then.
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 04, 2010, 04:54:48 PM
You will see me around with my clipboard aka "men behaving badly".....i shall be researching..A)viewing apparatus...B) ease and speed of getting served..(waiter preferred as i don't have to get up) C) Bog facilities, access and speed of turnaround back to chair.........if i find all this i will be happy...snacks would be a plus but not essential  ;D
Post by: Enişte on June 04, 2010, 05:10:43 PM
I think I covered early season beer prices elsewhere on this forum, but happy to spend some of my weekend researching further
Post by: fidimax on June 04, 2010, 05:25:26 PM
I will hold the clip board from sunday afternoon   ;D >:D
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on June 05, 2010, 11:11:24 AM
""RIO.............oh RIIIIIO.......... HERE I COME AND IVE GOTTA GO HOME"" O0

HESKY managed to tackle someone........ INCREDIBLE!!!

Thought he may have injured RIO when he was falling over???!!!

He reminds me of of Elephants performing Swan Lake!!! >:D
Post by: Enişte on June 10, 2010, 10:17:19 AM
The footy shirt man in the market has some nice new England shirts on sale (he asked 35TL pre-haggling), the red ones without the collar and the white with.  No names or numbers on the back, so quite subtle.  Anyone wanting to wear their colours over the next month, either here in Kalkan or at home, may like to go and see him.
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on June 10, 2010, 07:13:42 PM
Thanks Eniste,

When we arrive in August they'll either be ten lira on one hundred and fifty!!

Lets hope for the latter!!  ;D ;D
Post by: kalkan4eva on June 10, 2010, 08:09:44 PM
in Fethiye market last week, the Rooney no.10 shirts were going for a tenner....before the squad numbers were even announced! I know he ususally sports the number 10, but it was pretty good forward planning I'd say...and "cheaper than e-bay" they'd say ;D ;D
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 10, 2010, 09:44:55 PM
Can anyone whose in Kalkan at the moment tell me if the England match on 18 June will be shown on any Digiturk channels. We arrive about 8pm and my dad would like to watch it but at 91 doesn't have a lot of energy after a long day travelling and would like to sit on our sofa and watch it. Thanks
Post by: Enişte on June 11, 2010, 11:50:46 AM
http://www.trt.net.tr/televizyon/sayfa/dunyakupasi.aspx (http://www.trt.net.tr/televizyon/sayfa/dunyakupasi.aspx)

Here's a link to TRT1's very comprehensive coverage - as the local equivalent of BBC1, I would guess that this is part of the Digiturk package, so Dad should be spoilt for choice
Post by: misty on June 11, 2010, 04:08:36 PM
If all else fails you can watch it on your laptop/pc on www.iraqgoals.com (http://www.iraqgoals.com/)

I heard the mayor was banning all football shirt wearing over the next few weeks with the exception of Portsmouth as he appreciates class  >:D >:D >:D >:D 
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 11, 2010, 04:44:45 PM
Thanks very much Eniste and Misty. I think we have TRT1.
Post by: Enişte on June 11, 2010, 04:52:10 PM
It's clearly those nasty Premiership patches he doesn't like
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on June 12, 2010, 06:46:16 PM
Well it's all getting a bit exciting now!!! And tere's no Portsmouth player in the starting line up!!

I was speaking with the mayor just the other day and he thougth Portsmouth was a new type of Martini.... sweet little drink , but on the rocks!!!  >:D
Post by: misty on June 17, 2010, 09:31:48 PM
France lost....infact outclassed by Mexico........brilliant.... ;D ;D ;D
Post by: PACHSU on June 17, 2010, 09:48:22 PM
I bet there were a few glasses of the Nigerian lager raised after Mexico doing the Frogs.
Post by: misty on June 17, 2010, 10:31:56 PM
I bet...... the soap dodgers played like a bunch of old onion sellers  ;) ;) ;)
Post by: PACHSU on June 18, 2010, 07:16:21 AM
Always a great pleasure to see the French receiving a Mike Dickin.
Post by: misty on June 18, 2010, 10:27:40 PM
Well weren't we pants.......even the Jocks might have beaten us tonight  :D :D
Post by: tonik1945 on June 19, 2010, 07:39:08 AM
Or the french!
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on June 19, 2010, 06:42:11 PM
Well Ive taken a fews hours to consider last nights lame, passionless and inept display by our national team and I've made the following observations........

1. 4.4.2 formation does not suit Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard... Our three most important players from a goal scoring perspective.

2. Rooney needs to play as the centre forward if he wants to score goals and not search around the half way line looking for the ball... It's very rare that centre forwards score from the half way line!!!

3. Gerrard is a central midfielder who loves to break forward and score goals.... He is not a left winger!!!

4. Lampard is a central midfielder who also looks to pop up inside the box and score goals..... He is not a defensive midfielder!!

5. If Capello wants to play with a big striker choose one that can score goals.... suggest Crouch, not Heskey! Personally i wouldn't pick either in a starting line up!!

6. If Capello wants a left sided midfielder to create chances for his strikers then choose the only one he's taken to Africa. Joe Cole!!!

7. If things are not going well during a game change the system........ don't simply replace the personell 'like 4 like'!! Eg Wright Philips on for Lennon!!

8. If 4.4.2 isn't working try another formation that can accomodate the players in their best positions, Suggest 4.5.1 whick allows Lamps And the scouser to do what they do best with creative players on both flanks!!

There is still hope guys.... We would expect to beat Slovenia in any other circumstances. Remember Italia 90 which was Engalnds best World Cup in my 39yrs. We started off with two draws, the players mutinied and dear old Bobby had to change his planned formation. We beat Egypt to qualify for the last 16 and went onto the semi finals and could easily have won the tournament if Pearce and Waddle could score from the penalty spot!!

So there's still hope.......... It just doesn't feel like it today and let's face it...... At least we're not French!!! ;D

Post by: misty on June 24, 2010, 12:56:16 PM
Frogs out and disgraced  :) :)  Bring on the Krauts  ;D ;D 
Post by: fidimax on June 24, 2010, 02:28:32 PM
 :laugh:   ;D
Post by: misty on June 27, 2010, 05:42:59 PM
What a useless bunch of overpaid to*#ers..well done the Germans you outclassed us..Rooney should hang his head in shame..... him and the others not fit to wear the shirt and why is Beckham hanging around like a bad smell ?? Just accept you're finished and move on.
Post by: tiamaria on June 27, 2010, 07:58:28 PM
Well said...............I think they all should give a weeks wages to a charity for the way they've played in this world cup...............................................................or should say tried to play...............................
Post by: jamie-n-kimbo on June 27, 2010, 08:02:57 PM
I think it's time for a new thread.......... Anything cricket!! ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 06, 2010, 03:22:25 PM
Now we are coming to the End of the world cup what teams do you want to win?...myself i would favour the Dutch,i have met several nice Dutch people in Kalkan and indeed in the UK...i find them good company and they like a beer......i shall be supporting them while eating a cheese sarnie and wearing clogs :D :D

Mr Van Der BL Lizard
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 06, 2010, 07:05:39 PM
toss up between Holland and Spain. My heart says Spain, but my head says Holland...and my bank balance ;D  Hope its a Spain v Holland final - don't want Germany to win AT ALL and Uraguay (You're a Girl!) cheated.
Post by: misty on July 06, 2010, 08:57:58 PM
Felt for Ghana such a shame he didn't put that last min penalty away.....couple of Pompey players in the team we seem to crop up in most of the African teams  :) :) :) :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 07, 2010, 08:58:43 AM
Well i wus pleeeeshed with dat....dere wus a big partay in a windmill in old amsterdam last night...dem mices sure know how too having a good times ;)

Mishter Van Der BL Lizard
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 07, 2010, 11:28:07 AM
Tulips and Edam all round.... ;D  Fingers crossed for a sangria celebration tonight.
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 07, 2010, 04:45:08 PM
Paul the Octopus has predicted a Spain win.....if they win the Germans want to eat him  :o ...Thats Gratitude for you !!they only got this far because of Paul,....save Paul i say!!

Capello to go ? Paul the Octopus in? ???
Post by: fidimax on July 07, 2010, 05:11:13 PM
Never mind Capello,GET HIM IN GOAL !!!  ;D
Post by: Enişte on July 07, 2010, 06:02:55 PM
I think we should opt for the slightly slimy one that doesn't say much but has some footballing tactical nous.  So Paul it is, and if he can move faster than Heskey, perhaps as player-manager.
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 07, 2010, 06:04:39 PM
It must be great being an Octopus......think of all those Bacon sarnies you could hold :angel:
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 07, 2010, 07:14:31 PM
lets hope Paul isn't teasing the Germans (and us)...he's not always right (although pretty damn close!)
Cm'on Spain!
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 07, 2010, 10:29:02 PM
Hola....Sangria anyone?
Not the best game...what were you watching in the first half Lawro? Looking forward to the final on Sunday - just a shame we're not watching in Kalkan :(

Paul is my hero, lets hope the Germans don't chop him up for a seafood salad after his latest prediction came true.
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 07, 2010, 10:59:16 PM
Yes Paul is cool..lets hope those nasty Germans don't make German sausage out of him........ :o
Post by: Enişte on July 08, 2010, 08:55:03 AM
All those sarnies would be unhealthy - why not alternate Pint/Sarnie/fag/rakı and same again.....?
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 09, 2010, 12:51:41 PM
2 year old Cephalopod Paul has predicted a Spain win.......it has also been confirmed that his owners won't let him be lightly grilled and drizzled in lemon and olive oil........Way to go Paul!! :laugh:  but i hope your wrong this time (Paul is from Weymouth Sea life center and was sent to Germany on a free transfer)

The game will be refereed by Englishman Howard Webb..the nearest an Englishman will get to a world cup final for many years i'm afraid.. :-\
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 09, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
I think Paul only usually predicts the German team results, so choosing between Spain and Holland is a bit leftfield for him....could this be where his 100% record goes??
I love it that Clairvoyant Paul was a gift from UK....why didn't we keep him here? Weymouth Sea Life Centre have been as successful as Rafa Benitez in the transfer market ;D
Post by: Chucky on September 08, 2010, 06:24:31 PM
Good to see Wayne Rooney scored last night................and did not have to pay.  >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 08, 2010, 06:30:32 PM
I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when he gets home!!!!  fancy paying £200 for a packet of fags :angel:
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 08, 2010, 06:48:42 PM
Way to go, Wayne ::) ::)
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 08, 2010, 07:04:30 PM
I shall be timing my hols to coincide with the Euros for that year...i have watched 4 world cups in Kalkan over 23 years and numerous Euros...each time although you know you are going to be gutted you get swept along in the atmosphere and lose all sense of reason and actually believe we could win it ...till we play!! ::) ....i hope Turkey qualify as the town buzzes when they are playing and if they win,even better if England are in as well!!.........early days and a long way to go......(more scandals?) ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 08, 2010, 09:44:56 PM
BL, perhaps its unlucky for you to watch England in Turkey?? Maybe if you stayed in blighty during the tournment in 2012 we might actually win. No? We have to clutch at every straw.. :-*
By the way, please be gentle with us on Sunday :'( :'(
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal