Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: countingbees on April 13, 2010, 11:52:54 AM

Title: Milk, and maps...
Post by: countingbees on April 13, 2010, 11:52:54 AM
Hi everyone,
My partner and I are off to Turkey for the first time this week, and the hub is a bit panicky about the milk situation--we've already been advised to bring tea bags (he's strictly a Tetley man!!), and now he's heard that fresh milk is hard to come by and he's thinking of chucking the whole holiday so he can stay home by the fridge!  If he doesn't get his 12 cups  a day, he's NOT happy.
Is milk readily and easily got  in Kalkan, or will we have to hunt for it?
Also, are there any good on line maps with all of the streets labelled?  We're staying on Palmiye Evleri, and I can't seem to locate it on google maps.  (We're getting a transfer from the airport, and the driver knows where our house is, but I just want to see it!)
Cheers,

cb
Title: Re: Milk, and maps...
Post by: RosiB on April 13, 2010, 01:09:37 PM
Hi there!

Milk is longlife - skimmed, semi-skimmed or full fat!
Both EK and KTLN have street maps of Kalkan.

Enjoy your holiday1

Ros
Post by: Tatilde on April 13, 2010, 01:19:49 PM
I managed to buy fresh milk on a couple of occasions last August. If you see it, I suggest you buy a supply and freeze it.

Post by: Blue Lizard on April 13, 2010, 02:06:17 PM
I am a 8 cup a day man..i find the turkish milk fine ..although it's as said long life...it's easily identified by the picture of a moo on the front ...it would be a shame to let that spoil such a treat you are in for ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 13, 2010, 02:07:35 PM
Last year you could buy fresh milk in Smile Supermarket - only full-fat version though! It's known as daily milk and it really didn't last any longer than two days maximum.
Post by: kathrodham on May 19, 2010, 08:00:53 PM
Hello

The local milk is known as sut which is in a plastic bag, I have used it before
its ok.
Post by: misty on May 19, 2010, 08:20:05 PM
Be careful I bought six pints of yogurt on my very first shopping outing  :) :) :)
Post by: Kalkan regular on May 19, 2010, 10:58:47 PM
When we were ther earlier this month you could buy fresh milk on some days. It was in the fridge in the supermarkets and is in plastic containers marked 'sut'. If it says 'arian' it is a youghurt drink and looks like sour milk. On the days the fresh milk was available it's 'use by date' was that day so you have to be quick before it goes off. It wasn't available every day. For us the semi skimmed long life is ok.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 20, 2010, 08:42:29 AM
Misty..the shopkeeper might have thought you had a not very nice disease? ;D ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal