Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: Siobhan on March 05, 2010, 10:08:46 PM

Title: Replacing Pool Lights
Post by: Siobhan on March 05, 2010, 10:08:46 PM
Hi all enjoy kalkaners,
I'm wondering if you can help me. We have been given a quote by our maintenance manager of over 2600 Tl to replace 4 pool lights in our swimming pool which are quite old now (it is quite a small pool) and I thought it seemed a bit on the steep side to me. Has anyone else had to replace their pool lights recently and can recommend someone we could ask to take a look & quote?
Many thanks.
Siobhan
Title: Re: Replacing Pool Lights
Post by: kalkanbelle on March 06, 2010, 12:57:45 AM
We paid £68 for one light to be changed last September - does seem a lot doesn't it?  Does anyone know how much pool lights actually cost? 
Post by: Charlie on March 06, 2010, 01:51:50 AM
If you can wait until mid April I will let you know costs then.  We are going out early April and need to have 2 lights in the pool replaced.  We had a bulb replaced last year and I think it was around 50-60 lira which we felt was very good value as the pool was filled at the time and the guy had to go into the pool head first while his colleague held onto his legs so he wouldn't sink to the bottom.  Never seen anything like it in my life!
Post by: kevincat99 on March 06, 2010, 02:37:48 AM
I paid about 35 TL last year for one
They are very easy to fit yourself - will take about 20 minutes tops  :D
Post by: Siobhan on March 06, 2010, 03:33:07 AM
Guys thank you so much for your advice - and thanks for your kind offer Charlie, unfortunately we need to sort by beginning of April when our first guests arrive. Methinks they will be a bit upset if no pool.  ;)
Thanks again
Siobhan
Post by: mark on March 06, 2010, 03:42:12 AM
You could try to get a quote from Benli (0242 844 2229 or benlielektrik@yahoo.com.tr).  The owner does not speak English but there is a woman there whose English is OK.  I know we paid over 500tl for lamp changes last year and I think we were quoted about 1500tl to change the housings and lamps to better quality.  We have two large pools so a fair number of lights.

Mark
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal