Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: fidimax on February 02, 2010, 05:48:11 AM

Title: Pasha bar.
Post by: fidimax on February 02, 2010, 05:48:11 AM
A little birdie has told me Pasha bar is no more.
Damndamndamn !
RIP Pasha bar.  :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(
Title: Re: Pasha bar.
Post by: Eljhem on February 02, 2010, 06:54:04 AM
The Pasha in town or the one on Kalamar Road?
Post by: fidimax on February 02, 2010, 06:58:33 AM
Pasha BAR in town,the one on Kalamar rd is part of Pasha apts. ;)
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 02, 2010, 07:16:09 AM
What is in it's place ..do you know?can't see prime location like that being empty for long!!
Post by: fidimax on February 02, 2010, 07:24:10 AM
Yes I know blue buddy,I will pm you,I dont want to say to much.
Post by: Kefgirl on February 02, 2010, 08:11:56 AM
Sorry to hear that it's closed. But selfishly glad it's not the Pascha Apartments one.  We love to stop there for drinks after dinner in town, before the walk back to the Kulube. It's such a friendly welcoming place.
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 03, 2010, 06:42:35 AM
Did the Pasha owners own the Ice Sultan Bar before? We loved to stop for cocktails there on the way back from the beach. Ice Sultan used to be two for the price of one and I'd get a bit squiffy. Pasha wasn't as good, in my opinion, although we still used to stop there for ONE cocktail  :(
I think I read on KTLN there was a fire there very recently? Real shame to see somewhere close :(
Post by: fidimax on February 03, 2010, 07:08:13 AM
Hi K4E,it was Oz who owned Sultan ice bar,his friend Yusuf,who used to have Pasha apts took over from Oz,hence the Pasha connection.  ;D
Post by: Mick the Loiner on February 04, 2010, 06:50:39 AM
Shame about Pasha,had a great night in there with the locals when Chelsea played Man U in the champions league final a few too many EFES,but it did go to extra time & penalties.
Post by: fidimax on February 04, 2010, 08:17:39 AM
I was in Pasha then as well Mick,a great night with plenty of Efes.

;D >:D Neil.
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 04, 2010, 11:21:29 PM
Champoins League final is on a Saturday this year - day after we arrive in Kalkan. Not sure I like that it's moved from a midweek slot  :(

We'll probably try the Swan for what has to be essential viewing, whoever is in the final. Obviously not Liverpool this year >:( >:( :P
Post by: Natsky on February 27, 2010, 09:49:30 AM
Pasha now Club Infinity...
Post by: Charlie on February 27, 2010, 10:24:24 PM
Anything to do with Infinity jewellery?
Post by: fidimax on February 27, 2010, 10:34:19 PM
Not sure charlie,do you know who owns the jewellers ?
Post by: Charlie on February 28, 2010, 12:37:18 AM
No sorry I don't but the two shops in Kalkan are part of a group, others shops in Fethiye, Calis and a few other places.  They also have an estate agency selling property in the s.w. of Turkey.  Maybe Club Infinity have chosen the name hoping it will be as successful as the jewellers!
Post by: kalkan4eva on March 01, 2010, 07:01:35 AM
Is it just me or does Club Infinity a bit too Ibiza...?
Post by: Charlie on March 01, 2010, 08:30:36 AM
or in my case a bit too young!!
Post by: Lougie on March 01, 2010, 09:03:17 PM
Pasha bar is not club infinity.....

Club infinity is what used to be no name bar!!!

When I was in Kalkan at xmas the Pasha bar was pretty much derelict, no work had been done to it since the fire so whether it reopens this season I don't know  ???
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2010, 02:13:07 AM
So has No name been sold as well,because the owner of no name is not the same chap as the owner of Infinity,I was emailed 5 weeks back with the news about Pasha bar,from the best source you could get,maybe work had not started at xmas,and the fire damage wasnt that bad anyway,so who knows.
Have any new signs gone up at No Name,or maybe Infinity 1 and Infinity 2 are coming ????????
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 02, 2010, 02:48:20 AM
I watched some footy in the No Name Bar....warm flat beer and Mrs Lizard sipping out of the smallest wine glass in the world,first time iv'e been glad to get out of the pub!! ::)....PAH!!
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2010, 03:09:21 AM
I agree with you on that my Blue buddy,but its ok for the footy,but it could do with a kick up the backside,mind you,I did have a bottled beer in  No name that I really liked,it was a chocolate Efes,very nice,but never seen it anywhere else.  ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 02, 2010, 03:18:26 AM
Are you sure it just hadn't been kept in the fridge next to the ice creams?...(i'm just out in a few minutes for some Wetherspoons Efes..£1.99... but not as nice surroundings as Kalkan!! ;))

Ta Ta for now
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2010, 03:24:09 AM
Have a couple for me Blue,its 2.49 in my spoons !
Post by: Lougie on March 02, 2010, 04:26:45 AM
Yes, no name bar has been sold also!

The damage to the Pasha bar did look quite bad when I saw it at xmas but I guess they could of worked on it since then.
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2010, 06:11:05 AM
It looks like it could be two Club Infinities then Lougie,I shall try and find out about Pasha bar,I must admit No name looks a better place for a club.
Post by: Enişte on March 02, 2010, 11:17:10 PM
I spoke to several interested parties yesterday and it seems no firm decisions have been made, yet, so just a case of 'watch this space'.  Facebook users may like to keep an eye on Club Infinity Kalkan's page there for progress reports.  I agree with Fidimax that No Name would be a great place for a club, even if someone of my age might visit there occasionally earlier rather than later!  Just a shame that Baza the Alsatian won't be on duty.
Post by: fidimax on March 03, 2010, 03:02:33 AM
No news is good news I suppose Nick,I dont really want to see Pasha bar become a club,dont think its the right place.
I will miss my local,looks like the Swan is my new local,bring on the world cup !!!!!!!!!!  ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal