Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: clara48 on January 22, 2010, 01:02:14 PM

Title: Hand luggage restrictions.
Post by: clara48 on January 22, 2010, 01:02:14 PM
Since flying last year I have been diagnosed with suspected asthma and given an inhaler to use if needed. Unfortunately air-con seems to aggravate the condition sometimes so I might need the inhaler to hand on the plane just in case. Does anyone know if you get any hassle if you carry it in your hand luggage, and should it be in a clear sealable bag as with liquids etc. Probably find details about this on the airline website but as with anything different airports have different rules when you get there, just wondered if there are any of you have any first hand info on this. Cheers!!
Title: Re: Hand luggage restrictions.
Post by: Kalkankiwi on January 22, 2010, 01:58:28 PM
Hi Clara48,

You will have no problem taking your inhalers as long as you put them in a clear plastic bag for security to see. The same goes for diabetic patients who need to take insulin pens and people with severe allergies who need to carry Epipens on them.Hope that reassures you.
KK
Post by: clara48 on January 27, 2010, 01:49:40 PM
Thanks for the help Kalkankiwi put's my mind at rest, sorry for taking so long to reply, internet's been having another wobbly! ::)
Post by: Kefgirl on January 27, 2010, 10:35:31 PM
I would echo what Kalkankiwi said.
 My daughter has to carry 2 types of inhaler and epi-pen injections.  (asthma and nut/lentil/pea allergy)  She's never had any problems at all, she puts them in a clear bag.  She also carries a prescription, listing them all, as further proof that they are genuine.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal