Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Sheez on January 21, 2010, 01:16:50 PM

Title: Luggage Allowance Resolved!
Post by: Sheez on January 21, 2010, 01:16:50 PM
I am planning to wear all my clothes when I travel - mimicking the obvious 20kg+ backside that is usually ahead of me in the queue   >:D......................... 

Still think they should weigh you and your luggage & charge (or refund) per Kilo - fairest way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8471451.stm

Title: Re: Luggage Allowance Resolved!
Post by: kalkan4eva on January 21, 2010, 03:27:59 PM
How funny.. ;D ;D
I usually wear my heaviest clothes, and put heavy sandals/flip flops in my hand luggage..but I'd never thought of wearing a case load ;D :laugh:
Post by: Bdancer on January 21, 2010, 05:10:34 PM
Interesting plan - I usually have various shoes/sandals distributed amongst mine and my OH luggage, depending on what happens when we have the final weigh in of the cases before setting off. How about designing some sort of belt system that you could hook sandals/shoes etc onto

Saying that when we came home a couple of weeks ago - they seemed to turn a blind eye to heavy luggage and numerous amounts of hand luggage at Dalaman, which was very annoying as we had been so careful not to be over the limit and get fined by the "check in Taliban"

Isis
Post by: tigertim on January 21, 2010, 11:14:07 PM
Shees  What a fantastic comment regarding luggage allowance!!  I know all too well about the "extra large loads" on board!  A prime example was on my trip to Kalkan last winter and the Go Lightly family turned up at the departure gate at 8am with burgers and chips!!  I totally agree with you that weight of both passengers and luggage should be taken into account along with seat allocations too!!  If passengers are on the "large" side they should pay for two seats!!!    Roll on Kalkan
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 22, 2010, 09:21:42 AM
I sat next to a "Biggie" who spilled over onto half my seat!! >:(  >:(
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal