Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: lily on November 18, 2009, 04:59:51 PM

Title: christmas
Post by: lily on November 18, 2009, 04:59:51 PM
Hi!
I had such a wonderful time in Kalkan in October that I'm thinking of coming back over Christmas. It will be my first time alone and I'm a bit worried that there will be nothing to do. I understand that a few of the restaurants will be open but how else will I meet people and pass the time?

All suggestions welcome. Thanks for the great website! (However, there seem to be an awful lot of discussion boards. I wasn't quite sure where to post this so if it's in the wrong place, please tell me!)

Lily
Title: Re: christmas
Post by: DRBD on November 18, 2009, 10:14:16 PM
Lily,

Obviously Kalkan at Christmas time is going to be so much quieter & is a different place altogether.  There are several bars & restaurants open & there will be plenty of people about, but alot of the locals are by that time chilling, doing repairs/maintenance or away on their long awaited breaks. You are possibly aware that there are a lot of residents also in Kalkan.  Christmas is not celebrated by the Turks normally but they do these days try & get into the swing of things, their time is New Year.

What exactly are you expecting & what do you want to do, are you in your own property.

We enjoy this time of year in Kalkan, the weather has in the past been on our side, sunshine with warmth, some rain, but it gets quite cold in the evenings & it gets rather windy, its nice just to be able to relax, enjoy Kalkan at a different time of year & explore the surrounding areas if able to do so.   
Title: Re: christmas
Post by: lilly on November 18, 2009, 11:46:08 PM
Hi Lily, welcome to the forum. I've gone to Kalkan over Christmas and New Year a few times and loved it. It can be very cold at nights.There are enough restaurants open and some nice walks in the area.  x Lilly
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal