Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 23, 2009, 09:05:20 AM

Title: Which Turkish Bank Account?
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 23, 2009, 09:05:20 AM
Hi,

Who does everyone bank with in Turkey? Im with DenizBank but they charge 4 lira per month it seems just for having an account - who does everyone else bank with? Any "free" accounts out there?

Internet access to my account is essential and I do like the DenizBank service :)

Title: Re: Which Turkish Bank Account?
Post by: happy days on September 23, 2009, 06:37:35 PM
things can't be that bad that you're looking to move banks to save 4 lira a month?? ha  - enjoy the service of hatice and her colleagues - it's worth the 4 lira a month!!

Post by: Cosetta on September 23, 2009, 07:07:40 PM
Isbank has by far the best service - free - and the best internet banking services.
Post by: Brooksie on September 24, 2009, 08:25:04 AM
Isbank for me too. Good service
Post by: MartynE on September 25, 2009, 01:30:07 AM
Ditto - IsBank.

Great friendly service (and Elcin is lovely, of course, and speaks very good English)!  ;)
Post by: baklavabuddy on September 25, 2009, 06:53:34 AM
I am leaving Deniz bank sadly, due to really poor service since last manager left :-(
Post by: Kuzu on September 27, 2009, 09:54:19 AM
Isbank for us too.
We have a Lira account and a GBP account, as others say, great service
Post by: Rosie on September 28, 2009, 10:38:27 AM
Can anyone tell me please does Isbank have an internet service similar to Deniz bank with an English translated site and how can I find out what the interest rates are with Isbank?
Many thanks - Rosie
Post by: MartynE on September 28, 2009, 11:46:54 AM
Yes, the Isbank internet banking site is translated into English and it's very easy to use. If you speak to the lovely Elcin in the Isbank branch in Kalkan, she will explain the account opening procedures and will make sure you understand how to set up your PIN and passwords, etc.

Not sure where interest rates are published but the best rates are generally on their term deposit accounts, which vary daily depending on amount etc.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal