Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Possums on September 21, 2009, 10:29:33 PM

Title: "Mature Times" article
Post by: Possums on September 21, 2009, 10:29:33 PM
I have had a little search but can't find this article mentioned before - I have never heard of Mature Times either but maybe other forum members have?

www.maturetimes.co.uk/node/2258 (http://www.maturetimes.co.uk/node/2258)

The author's maths seems good - pity we don't seem to get the same returns because we are hard pushed (with the few bookings we seem to achieve) to get our apartment to even pay for itself never mind make a profit!

Title: Re: "Mature Times" article
Post by: howmad on September 22, 2009, 09:39:03 AM
They must be about the luckiest people in Kalkan. I haven't seen any apartments or even villas double in price (except in theory) in recent years. Very few villas are rented all year and even if they were, there is no mention of electricity costs. With renters switching on air con 24/7 in summer and winter the bills would be horrific. Plus all year renting would double the maintenance bills. Add in all other costs eg. to service the original purchase price, tax,etc and you might make a small return which would pay for your hols. It looks more like a sales pitch.
Title: Re: "Mature Times" article
Post by: Rosie on September 24, 2009, 02:37:23 PM
I noticed that the article was written in March 2007 and the writer was talking in the past tense regarding the investment doubling in 'the last 18 months', which would put the purchase back to Autumn 2005. So perhaps they did do well as prices were lower then - but maybe now their profit margin isn't so big in the current economic climate.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal