Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Totally Turkey => Cooking => Topic started by: Enişte on September 15, 2009, 12:56:27 PM

Title: KEÄ°TH FLOYD
Post by: Enişte on September 15, 2009, 12:56:27 PM
Very sad to read of his passing, aged 65.  There are some lovely clips of him on the Beeb website.  I can still remember watching him cook on the banks of the Saklikent river when making his series about the Med.  I shall raise a large glass of wine to his memory tonight.
Title: Re: KEÄ°TH FLOYD
Post by: clara48 on September 15, 2009, 01:16:38 PM
I thoroughly agree Eniste, he was one of a kind. I also loved all the programmes he made abroad, not only was the cooking fantastic but he really brought the places to life and always had a great rapport with the locals. He always enjoyed the odd tipple or three and was a larger than life character to say the least. He will be missed!
Post by: butterfly on September 15, 2009, 04:51:52 PM
I am so sad to read of the demise of that great personality, Keith Floyd.  His autobiography is being serialised in the Daily Mail this week.
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 16, 2009, 10:04:54 AM
Saw his interview with keith allen(lilly's dad) on sky....he came across as downright rude and obnoxious..effin and jeffin for no reason and bullying the two women who were dinner companions..if he spoke to my mrs like that he would be wearing his dinner.....sad when anyone shoots off the mortal coil(dies) but not one of my favourite people
Post by: Firecat on September 16, 2009, 10:44:01 AM
Many who knew or worked with him found him a right royal pain in the posterior.  A big personality certainly, but rather charmless in real life.  Great TV though, so let that be his legacy along with his cooking.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal