Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: antler on August 27, 2009, 05:25:41 PM

Title: Aug 27th - Market Day (How Much?!) and Kaptans for Lunch....
Post by: antler on August 27, 2009, 05:25:41 PM
Up just after the crack of dawn (ish!) and straight to the Market. We go in search of handbags and purses. When I say "we" I mean that loosely....

We wander down through the entire length of the Market and do the shopping on the way back. JI have never seen such big radishes - just like swedes! I just love the patter in this place  - the play on the English: "You can look, you can try, and maybe then, you will buy!"

Or "5 T-shirts twenty quid - absolute, genuine fakes!"

But the guy that got the prize for me was at the very last stall. As we approached, I realised it was him, not a tourist, as he shouted "How Much?!"
Almost in a Cockney accent!  Love it. He was grinning ear-to-ear.

Well Mrs A was out of luck with the handbags and purses, but OJ was well-pleased with his new flip flops, polos, leather mobile cover etc etc.

I'd spied these shorts on the way through - thought the brand was "G-String" which got me looks of horror.....Anyway, the guy asked what size I was and I boldly said "34" then whispered "maybe 36?". He delves into the big pile of shorts and pulls out "35! - in the midle!" with an enormous grin on his face. Sadly, they fitted perfectly, and we agreed on the 30TL. Or 31TL without a bag, he said! Don't you just love them?!

Such wonderful retail experience deserved a wonderful lunch. And so we tried Kaptans by the beach. The freshest Mixed Pizza you could imagine, a gorgeous Sea Food Pasta and I went for their famous Fish Cakes I had read so much about. With a bit of Jazz playing and a glass, of course, of Rose, 58TL saw us fully recovered and we headed back to the pool. That lunch was stunning.

I swam as many lengths as I could hoping the shorts would fit even better, as tonight it's the Mediteran's Turkish BBQ. I wonder how good THIS is going to be?

cheers
Antler

Title: Re: Aug 27th - Market Day (How Much?!) and Kaptans for Lunch....
Post by: fidimax on August 27, 2009, 05:32:36 PM
Love your reports antler,you should write a book !
keep em coming !  8)
Post by: AllanChris on August 27, 2009, 11:06:30 PM
Antler, when you next see Janet and Ali at The Kaptan, tell them Allan and Chris send their very best wishes. Cheers, Allan.  ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 28, 2009, 09:05:21 AM
You can look you can try man has one of my favourites shouts......"I need your money!! i want a Ferrari" ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal