Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: gardengirl on July 31, 2009, 10:47:11 AM

Title: Buying a Carpet
Post by: gardengirl on July 31, 2009, 10:47:11 AM
I know this is a very broad and sweeping question............

I am off to Kalkan for the first time and am interested in buying a carpet.
I was wondering if anyone could give me a vague indication of cost as I don't want to wander into a carpet shop if my budget is way off.

I appreciate there are varying factors involved like size and quality.  I'm thinking a nice tradit carpet up to £200.
Am I way off or could I consider one.
What prices do they start from.
Many thanks
Title: Re: Buying a Carpet
Post by: howmad on July 31, 2009, 11:05:14 AM
Carpets and kilims can cost as little or as much as you want to pay. It depends on the size, quality and the age. You would find it fun just to go down towards the harbour and opposite Doy Doy restaurant is the Turkmen carpet shop. It is owned by Kenan who will be happy to explain and show you examples. He is not pushy and it will be a good memory to take back with you.
Post by: gardengirl on July 31, 2009, 12:03:31 PM
Thanks,
Think I'll give it a shot, as would love a nice carpet.
Post by: Em1 on July 31, 2009, 01:00:57 PM
Hi
You should be able to find a nice Kilim rug for that money, but it will be new one (less than 30 years old!). Plenty of shops to choose a rug from in Kalkan and Kas!
Em
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 31, 2009, 01:19:33 PM
In general You will find the more stitches there are per square inch the more it costs ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal