Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: jimmo on July 29, 2009, 12:01:00 AM

Title: New Airport Security Regulations
Post by: jimmo on July 29, 2009, 12:01:00 AM
Hi all Ek members, just found out on TKLN http://www.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/local-news/28438-new-airport-security-restrictions-now-to-be-implemented
New airport security regulations come into effect at Dalaman as from the 1st August 2009, on what you can carry in your hand luggage. Seems like the same rules that apply in the UK.

Jimmo 8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: New Airport Security Regulations
Post by: bryher on July 29, 2009, 07:40:17 AM
Travelled back  via Antalya on Sunday. Rules very strongly enforced here. Be very careful when buying inside the airport in Duty Free area. Any soft drinks, Cola, Fanta and even bottled water were being confiscated in the final check entering the departure lounge. So don't buy anything to drink on the plane.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 29, 2009, 08:07:54 AM
Good find Jimmo,

Ive updated on the main website now http://www.enjoykalkan.com/flight-information/

Have a great holiday  :)
Post by: Babadag on August 04, 2009, 07:06:29 PM
Returning from Dalaman yesterday, we noticed that stickers with 1st October on had been put on all the posters around the airport about this new rule. At the gates people were still rapidly downing the last of their drinks and dumping the bottles in a huge pile by a pillar. Nobody was telling them to and we sailed through the security check with bottles in hand without being stopped.
Post by: Denners on August 05, 2009, 07:51:51 AM
Yesterday, did not see or experience any restrictions on liquids/using plastic bags etc in hand baggage on going through Dalaman airport.
Post by: littlelin on October 15, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
Came home on Saturday  :'( and more stickers put over posters in Dalaman with "January 2010" for the new restrictions.
Post by: itstime on October 15, 2009, 04:43:33 PM
No restrictions in force last night.
Post by: Em1 on October 18, 2009, 03:44:26 PM
Hi
We took through 2 litres of water i our  hand luggage at Dalaman with no problems on Friday night!
Em
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 20, 2009, 10:56:19 PM
came home his morning and no restrictions on any liquids, make-up, lotions etc as I had everything crammed in my hand luggage because our cases were so heavy ;D
Post by: The Engineer on October 21, 2009, 10:34:32 AM
I did wonder if there were new regulations on our return on Monday as we queued (others just pushed in)for over an hour just to get in to the airport building but we still took through our water bottles.

Post by: littlelin on October 21, 2009, 08:00:59 PM
As in my previous post, the new regulations aren't now coming into force until January so there are no restrictions on liquids through Dalaman Airport at the present time.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal