Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Natsky on July 27, 2009, 02:46:51 PM

Title: Safety
Post by: Natsky on July 27, 2009, 02:46:51 PM
I have been reading the previous threads on burglaries etc and don't really want to go into it again as it seemed to have caused quite a rift! I have been to Kalkan for the past 3 yrs with family. This year I am coming with friends (all girls) and I was wondering if there was a telephone number we would call if for some dreaded reason we were broken into. People have said they were in bed and could hear burglars downstairs and as i dont have my dad with me this year I wont be venturing downstairs in the villa to investigate! (ha ha) what do we do if that happens?
Less than 2 weeks today until my mojitto!!!!
Title: Re: Safety
Post by: Chucky on July 27, 2009, 03:16:26 PM
Natsky,
If you go in to the First time in Kalkan Section and then into the Sticky section General Advice and info, there is a list of helpful telephone numbers. Feel free to print any info off there.
However, do bear in mind, that you may have communication problems if you do not speak Turkish.(Hopefully you will not need them)
Have a wonderful holiday

Post by: Natsky on July 27, 2009, 05:15:22 PM
Thank you Joan x
Post by: onelove on July 27, 2009, 07:15:02 PM
Hi Natesky,

I sure you will be safe in your villa/app, please don't worry, Kalkan is still a lovely safe place to holiday

There is a great section on KTLN regarding "Emergency Telephone No's", here is a link to the section

http://www.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/emergency-situations-advice

There is also lots more sections giving very useful advice on all things Kalkan.

Hope you have a great holiday.      LoveKalkan.  >:D ;D >:D ;D

Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 27, 2009, 07:21:30 PM
Also have a look here

http://www.enjoykalkan.com/travel-tips/
 ;)
Post by: Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on July 27, 2009, 07:29:57 PM
Kalamar Dream i'm sure you have shares in KTLN  ;D
Post by: misty on July 27, 2009, 07:40:50 PM
I have been reading the previous threads on burglaries etc and don't really want to go into it again as it seemed to have caused quite a rift! I have been to Kalkan for the past 3 yrs with family. This year I am coming with friends (all girls) and I was wondering if there was a telephone number we would call if for some dreaded reason we were broken into. People have said they were in bed and could hear burglars downstairs and as i dont have my dad with me this year I wont be venturing downstairs in the villa to investigate! (ha ha) what do we do if that happens?
Less than 2 weeks today until my mojitto!!!!
Hi we invested in a small remote controlled infra red PIR alarm and I would set in on the first return of the stairs with the sensor pointing towards the open downstairs area. I'm sure we didn't need it but it was reassuring. You can buy this alarms from Wilkinson's etc for around £8.
Post by: onelove on July 27, 2009, 07:57:01 PM
Hi,

Why would you say that ? I am just trying to help fellow posters seeking info on Kalkan, how can you think that means I have an interest or "shares" in a site   ???, anyway, funny enough KTLN is a non-profit website, any profits they make go into a trust fund for local good causes, what a good idea  ???  I dont understand your stance on KTLN ( I get the feeling its considered wrong >:D to mention the sites name on EK, please tell me I have got it wrong  ??? ), or why EK does not promote KTLN, as it, KTLN, has a link to EK on its site, why not the other way round.  ??? ??? ???   Am I going to be told off for asking  :angel: :angel:
Post by: Sheez on July 27, 2009, 09:12:48 PM
Hey Natsky

Try staying out till daylight......bars open to 4am now & then on to the  soup kitchens - bonus is the Taxi drivers might charge you day rates if you go home after 6am : )

Have fun!!  & try a Mojito in Mojito's
Post by: alantj on July 27, 2009, 10:09:52 PM
Bars are open well after 4:00am, in mid July chucking out time at the Moonlight was 5:30am and others were still open.

Don't know what time the taxis revert to day rate but its not 6:00am, we got charged the nightime rate at 6:30. 
Post by: Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on July 27, 2009, 10:20:11 PM
Me and Jon keep on saying we are going to have a really late one this year in the bars but the problem we have is once we've had a meal we feel sleepy by 12 !!  ;D Think we will have a few lighter meals this time and try out the new bars !
Post by: jinfizzz on July 27, 2009, 10:21:23 PM
Wow, at that time I'm just thinking about getting up to start another lovely day in Kalkan  :angel:
Post by: misty on July 27, 2009, 10:23:07 PM
Of course you are and does nurse bring you a blanket if you feeling a bit chilly  ;D ;D ;D
Post by: Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on July 27, 2009, 10:25:20 PM
Ha ha Misty, Carole will have you for that !
Post by: misty on July 27, 2009, 10:33:33 PM
Not if I hide her zimmer frame  >:D >:D
Post by: jinfizzz on July 27, 2009, 10:34:34 PM
 :o
Post by: onelove on July 28, 2009, 09:47:40 AM
Can we keep on the subject we are meant to be discussing please  >:D ???

Jon, is it just me been paranoid, or are you not going to replie to my post about a a link from EK to KTLN......if your answer is NO, I would love to hear your reason for your decision ?  Maybe we could debate it on this open forum ?

If there is a conflict of interests, please explain so I don't have to ask again  ??? ??? ???
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal