Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: Hotspur57 on July 25, 2009, 08:49:58 PM

Title: Scuba Diving
Post by: Hotspur57 on July 25, 2009, 08:49:58 PM
Is Kalkan a good place to learn to dive? If so, where would you recommend? O0
Title: Re: Scuba Diving
Post by: claire on July 25, 2009, 09:23:00 PM
Yeah, definitely - we did a try-dive with the Kalkan Dive Centre at the Kalamar Beach Club.  Good dive and we felt really safe.  It's not exactly the Red Sea, but it's a nice safe place.  I saw octopus, an eel (yuck), cornetfish, and loads of others that I don't know the names of!  They do this thing where you feed the fish under the water which is a bit of a novelty.  Makes the water a bit mucky though!

The guys at the Dive Centre were really nice, professional and good at instruction (albeit we weren't there to learn, it was just a try).

They've got a website www.kalkandiving.com

Cheers, Claire.  :)
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 25, 2009, 10:40:51 PM
There is some useful links on the main webpage also  :)

If you wish to travel a little further Kas is a famous diving area and only 30 minutes from Kalkan
Post by: kalkangrover on August 22, 2009, 08:31:40 PM
Why lose an hour going to and from Kas when there's a great dive school in the Kalkan harbour with a purpose-built dive boat (Dolphin Scuba Team). I learned to dive with them and have also since dived in Kas and have to say Kalkan has everything a diver could want, without the hour transfer!

Kalkan Grover
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal