Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Accommodation and Hotels => Topic started by: heldrum on July 23, 2009, 09:23:19 PM

Title: Where is Bouganvillea House Apartment
Post by: heldrum on July 23, 2009, 09:23:19 PM
Hello,
Going back to Kalkan in a week and staying at the Bouganvillea House Apartment on the Kas/Kale Rd opposite the Police Station.  I can't seem to find a map that shows exactly where this is..We stayed in the Hotel Rhapsody two years ago and I was just wondering if it is going to be as walkable down to the shops/restaurants? Anyone know?! Anyone stayed there? Can't say it will really matter but just wondered! Thanks
Title: Re: Where is Bouganvillea House Apartment
Post by: felicity on July 24, 2009, 08:18:25 AM
Hi Heldrum and welcome to our forum!  :D

If where you are staying is just above the Jandarma station then I would say that is an easy and relatively short walk into town - obviously tougher and steeper on the way home - maybe 5 mins to the edge of town and 10 mins to the main town.  I would say that it is closer than the Rhapsody where you stayed previously!

Enjoy!
Post by: heldrum on July 26, 2009, 06:42:47 PM
Thanks very much - happy to climb back up the hill and work off some of that fabulous food!

Since you are clearly very knowledgeable I'll be cheeky and ask you something else! There seems to be endless posts regarding the best way to take/change money - what is your feeling? Last time, 2 years ago, we took some Turkish Lira and used a debit card at the ATM at Deniz Bank..seemed to work for us but there are quite a few devotees of taking stirling and changing it. Any thoughts? Thanks again
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 30, 2009, 11:29:37 AM
Heldrum, we do a combination of all three, but change as little Sterling into lira in the UK as we can get away with because the rate is not as good  - although I'd recommend Eurochange shops for that bit of TL you need to take with you. We change some sterling in the PTT and use the ATM's. We also keep Sterling as sometimes it's preferred by the shopkeepers/market stalls.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal